By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - CNN Money-The PS3 is a Sinking Ship

wtf?

Blu-Ray is only noticeable on TV's 50 inches or above? What a load of bull

Around the Network

hmmmmmmmmm not much to say huh??well mr.cat in a hat(DMeisterJ) it is great that u r speechless for once.i will say it for u......GO PS3 YAY.

Griffin said:
Its funny how they say the PS3 has a bad games library when 90% of the games are on the 360 too.

Doesn't stop the statement being true.

but you ca glean from it that the 360 also has a mediocre game library.... which it does (to many clearly)

There's seemingly nothing Sony can do to stop the downward spiral. Soon, I think Sony will stop advertising PS3 and just try to cut its losses. Maybe there will be a PS4 and maybe not (I hope there will be) but at this point, Sony has no viable path toward making the PS3 profitable.

it might be a big console but jeez... sinking ship ? Ok no more fat jokes about the playstation ! It looks awesome. It's big but awesome.

Check out my game about moles ^

Around the Network
BenVTrigger said:
drkohler said:
ocnkng said:
I disagree that Sony is losing money on the PS3. Acutally Sony is making a slight profit on every console. 

Actually, at this time with the current exchange rates, Sony very likely loses money on _every_ playstation manufactured, be it PS2, PSP or PS3 (certainly the latter one). They do not lose as much as MS loses with the lower end XBoxes, but they have nowhere near the profits from software sales to reduce the prices of any gadgets.

while i agree that sony is losing money on the ps3 microsoft can't be losing too much on low end xbox's cause they have been in black ink for like the past 3 quarters or so and soon to be a fourth with the big numbers their putting up

Manufacturing costs for an XBox currently selling are around $230-$250. In Europe, the arcade sells for around $220 in shops. Now the question is what does MS want from the shops. Notice that the $220 include all sales taxes and store markups. Sales taxes vary from country to country and are anywhere from 7% to 17%. Store markups are anyone's guess and the values I know are not for console stuff. But I'd say MS does not give good conditions so as a rough guess I'd say 12%. So MS gets around$150-$160 for every arcade model. See how that isn't really a clever business model? Unless you can a) sell way-overpriced accessories (120G hardisks for $160) and b) sell a lot of expensive software....

this article proves at least one thing (if you still needed an evidence) : You can be the worst Jackass in the world and still work for CNN

i really cant believe that this article is from CNN.

Can't we just post this in the PS3 is doom thread? *sigh*

libellule said:
mrstickball said:
If the retards MS are running CNN, then who's running Sony?

fixed

Your assertion that MS is running CNN is ridiculous. Have you not noticed that MS already runs a cable news network, MSNBC?