By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - CNN Money-The PS3 is a Sinking Ship

Passenger57 said:
Gatorgamer88 said:
Ps3 is suffering right now from the Xbox 360 price cut, wake up. If you havent realized PS3 won 38 straight weeks over the 360, you people forget very quickly. Now sony is in for some tough times, but wait till after the fiscal year of 2009 to make judgement, there are still some aces in the hole. I dont think that the second biggest conglomerate in the world is going to go quietly. Especially since the PS2 has sold 140 million units. Calm down i think Sony might have a plan. And for Flame, Blu ray is high definition its difference over DVD can be seen on any HD TV. What you are thinking of is the difference between 1080 and 720P in that case you would be right about the 50 " thing. Also whoever said that Bluray doesnt sell, is a tard. The dark Knight by the weekend will have sold over 1 million copies of just Blu ray. It is the technology of the future it wont go away, thats like saying that HDtv will go away

Don't quote me on this but I believe Sony is far from the second largest conglomerate in the world. That would be General Electric I believe. Sony is waaaaaay below that in size.

lol... QUOTE ME on this... Sony is number 75 in the world... GE is 12th... the first one is wal-mart...(by revenues) and the big evil M$ is number 136....

Another story ranking by profit where m$ is in top20 worldwide and Sony is far away...

Around the Network

i dont agree with the part of the mediocre game library i think the ps3 have a great library for a two year console and i think the ps3 had the best lineup for this year and for next year is going to be even huge. 

~flame said:
libellule said:
CNN is maybe the most pro-MS website on internet !

(I think a lot of American reviewer/media are pro MS, they are trying to push their american product)

About the article :

PS3 expensive : YES
BR is shit : NO
BR not an amazing feature : YES
PS3 game library is shit : NO
PS3 game library mostly Xbox360 one : YES
PS3 game library as good as Xbox360 one : YES

Overall, CNN is CCRAPCRAP

so every article that bashed sony and the PS3 in 2006 on how the PS3 was a train-wreck..ETC are PRO-MS?..please:|

never said this man !!!I m talking CNNEVEN IF I think some media (who said 1up), the stupid one that put 10/10 to halo, just LOVE to bash PS3 even when it is not necessary...

Time to Work !

Press_the_Button said:
The CNN article is spot on in all 3 points really.

It's increasingly my view that Sony should discontinue the PS3 and refocus this gen on the PSP (only because the handheld is at least half way successful and probably profitable per hardware unit sold too).

Then they can buy themselves time to learn lessons from the PS3 disaster, stop the massive losses in the console business and if they are so inclined, launch a PS4 that actually has a chance at being profitable and successful in the same way as the PS2 was.

No no no.

Sega had similar ideas. Sony should settle for a 3rd. They'll still earn money in the long run.

mrstickball said:
If the retards MS are running CNN, then who's running Sony?

fixed

Time to Work !

Around the Network
NJ5 said:
If people react like this to this article, things will get really bad next year.

u really think it could be worst next year ?

Time to Work !

Nice article. Also, by 'mediocre' library, I believe they are relating to exclusives. Obviously 95% of the library is shared between the PS360, which, as noted above, is part of the problem.

That entire post was BS. The problem is the recession. The cost of the PS3 is too high. for anything.........including a BD player. Is it worth it....yes. That however doesn't mean crap when you don't have the money to buy it.

libellule said:
NJ5 said:
If people react like this to this article, things will get really bad next year.

u really think it could be worst next year ?

I'm pretty sure... The recession is not ending any time soon, and unless the dollar/euro recover Sony will be hurting. They're now getting about 20% less revenue from overseas than they did (that's for the weak currencies alone, it will actually drop more given the drop in electronics sales).

Sony's best hope is that the Japanese government or central bank intervene in the currency markets to drop the value of the yen, which will probably happen if things get much worse. Until that happens, there will be lots more panicking at Sony's HQ (and other Japanese exporters).

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

~flame said:
Nov. 2007 | 2008 | % Increase / Decrease
Wii: 981K | 2040K | 108%
NDS: 1530K | 1570K | 2.6%
360: 770K | 836K | 8.6%
PSP: 567K | 421K | -25.7%
PS3: 466K | 378K | -18.9%
PS2: 496K | 206K | -58.5%

not good sony