By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - CNN Money-The PS3 is a Sinking Ship

Oh, and for the record, I think this is different from a "Sony is Doooooooomed" thread. This is a thread talking about how an (important?) outside source is saying that the PS3 is dooooooooomed. It's a separate issue and a separate conversation.

Around the Network

this article really fails to point out the exclusive games coming out next year many that defined the ps2 like gran turismo 5, god of war 3( previous games most popular in the states) and also sony will have a price cut to about 200 pounds in the uk at about spring so although the article is right about how sony fucked up this xmas its not really looking at the future of the console and thats because the guys at cnn dont really care about the console market properly

Gatorgamer88 said:
Ps3 is suffering right now from the Xbox 360 price cut, wake up. If you havent realized PS3 won 38 straight weeks over the 360, you people forget very quickly. Now sony is in for some tough times, but wait till after the fiscal year of 2009 to make judgement, there are still some aces in the hole. I dont think that the second biggest conglomerate in the world is going to go quietly. Especially since the PS2 has sold 140 million units. Calm down i think Sony might have a plan. And for Flame, Blu ray is high definition its difference over DVD can be seen on any HD TV. What you are thinking of is the difference between 1080 and 720P in that case you would be right about the 50 " thing. Also whoever said that Bluray doesnt sell, is a tard. The dark Knight by the weekend will have sold over 1 million copies of just Blu ray. It is the technology of the future it wont go away, thats like saying that HDtv will go away

Don't quote me on this but I believe Sony is far from the second largest conglomerate in the world. That would be General Electric I believe. Sony is waaaaaay below that in size.

first CNN have always right, they never critized engagment in Irak and believe that they had arms of massive destruction, ohhh now they have changed their mind

others exemples : did they believed in Obama victory one year ago, did they warns us one year ago of this crisis, No! so CNN is a very good info media but their word are not sentense of evangile ! they can be wrong sometimes !

PS : people who don't see difference beetween blu ray and dvd, are either blind,or  have a blu ray but not a hd tv, or a hd tv but not blu ray !

The differences between Blu-Ray and DVD are hard to see on a TV less than 50"

caveman.

Around the Network
docholliday said:

"And the problem for Sony isn't the recession, it's the PS3."

"It's the most expensive console on the market, $150 - $200 more than its rivals. Even if you believe the video game industry is "recession-proof" (it isn't), a tanking economy makes consumers more price-conscious"

Anyone else see how contradicting those 2 statements are?? And from reading everyone's posts the majority opinion seems to be the price being the major issue, which I tend to agree with. The mediocre game library arguement is just ignorant as almost everything is goin multiplatform anymore and all 3 consoles have good exclusives.

The author fails to even mention the real reason why sales are down from last year, and really the only reason. The economy has gone to shit and microsoft made a killer price drop at the right time. Now consumers are looking at 2 consoles that offer a very similiar experience but are at 2 drastically different price point. You can get a 360 as low as $199(which I am aware doesnt account for all sales before someone says it) while your entering price on a ps3 is $399. Even a pro is $299 which is still $100 cheaper.

Now ask yourself if your strapped for extra cash and had to choice in these times between the two which would you buy? I think to the mainstream consumer its the 360 obviously. Regardless of what hardware advantages the ps3 might come with out the box (wi-fi,bluetooth,media card readers) price point is whats the major push in such terrible economical times.

The reason the PS3 isnt selling good is cause the 360 is half the price,and all games look the same or very close.

mrstickball said:
If the retards are running CNN, then who's running Sony?

That's the funniest thing I've read all day.

patrice1970 said:

first CNN have always right, they never critized engagment in Irak

try to spell iraq next time.

Playing Assassin's Creed and Resident evil 5 <3

I dont want to be fanboy anymore...Why? it takes to much work but i will call on ppl on there B.S!!!:)

If people react like this to this article, things will get really bad next year.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

dear Flame, sorry i'm french and in france Iraq is spelling irak, nevertheless how languages do you understand ? !