By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - PCs vs. Consoles

You know despite all the praise of the mouse for fps, I have never believed it. I have played on both one of my favorites on the PC for fpc was rainbow six raven shield... all about lone wolf.... but i enjoy it more on the consoles. this is not to say i do not enjoy computer game play, giant strategy and god simulators are best there, they need the extra processing power... civilization, simcity, imperium galactica II, and C&C series... out side of that if the controller is laid out well it is a better play for me. this may just be due to my history playing more consul games, and fps rts in general. the mouse feels foreign to me.

to put it simply I like to keep both and since i design for a living i get to. However if i had to choose one it would be consoles. The fps, rts, racing, and despite my belief they are better on the pc there have been some fantastic strategy games on the consul ...p.t.o 2... and since xbox live, there has been good online play
also long live the duke! the s-type had the black and white buttons in a weird place.

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

Around the Network

PC Pros

-Multi Use.
-Free & Fast Internet Gaming
-Mods
-Large range of games & Freeware (homebrew) titles
-No Region locking

"..just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake"

@vengi, your right about flash games forgot about how much time i waste on those games. For controller customization depends on the game, as it does with some pc games ... civil war generals 2... The cost for games is a new thing, and that does bother me part of the promise with the switch from cartridge to cds, then dvds was it would stay cheaper. the run smoother of hard drive could easily be fixed if they tried HDs are fairly cheap now. for online games on PC, free is in the past, outside of lan networks and some private servers, they use online play to subsidize the cost of game development, and one of the joys of console gaming is if they do not have it they can come over and play up to X number of players depending on system and game. Why on earth do you want a console to have word processing, i know a ps3 can run linux, so it can do it, but consoles are for relaxation i dread the day room is taken up on its hd for such things. On top of that word processing or spread sheets on a tv would suck .... suck hard. web browsing on a tv is barely tolerable

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

A definite pro is the cheapness of games for PC...

A PC game can start out around $50...but after even 2 months, it could be down to $30. And there's tons and tons of free games to play, as well as free mods.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

gitanil said:
homelesscarl said:
Sorry. I still this consoles are the best way to play most games. Aside from turn based games like civilization. That's where a PC kicks butt.

Also FPS. Both Half-life and Call of Duty 2 play with much more precision on mouse and keyboard, than 360 controller.

Nothing can really beat the quickness and accessibility of PC for FPS and RTS.

sometimes I think "Why cant all fps have the same controlls as resistance fall of man for ps3, the darkness controls were terrible" If a fps games uses similar controls like resistance, ps3 controller easily, if not pc..

mM
Around the Network

Goddog, I agree that no one would want a Console to do word processing, I was just pointing out that they are just for games where as the extra Cost of a computer goes towards everything that a console can't do, or at least is not really designed to do.

Most online games that are not MMORPG's the Public servers are still free, can you give some examples where this is not true?

There are even some MMORPGs that are free to play online.

My brothers PC is a E6600 with a 8800GTX graphics card. He just plays flash and web browser games (tribal wars) - it's tragic :(

I think in the UK PC games have always been cheaper then Console games, it's just got worse recently. If you buy enough games (10+ a year?) it's actually cheaper being a PC gamer.

"..just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake"

Yeah...what servers are you paying for...?

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

well even though the mouse is the fastes and most precice for FPS the Wii-mote is most realistic. Ever try running around with a gun pointed foreward for an hour or two ??? (I hurts like a motherf***er) Not that I do that my self but I´ve carried a gun on several occasions (real and paintaball, I´m against real violence in any form though) But even plaing lightgun games on my Dreamcast will make my arm hurt after a while eventhough I do physikal labor with my hands and arms.  So I think the Wii will get some extra credit in this area as soon as some games with  good control scemes  are made.

I find consoles are more accessible - keyboards are hard to learn and skills are rarely transferable (even gamepads aren't perfect) and the games require lots of setting up and hardware/software knowledge to run smoothly.

UK. Good PC Games: £20+ ($40+). Good Wii Game: £40+ ($80+).

Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.

I agree that FPS and RTS are best on the PC, much more precision than from a console controller. But fighters, adventure games, platformers, survival horrors, etc. play better on my couch rather than on my desk. It just doesn't feel the same playing Super Mario Bros., Street Fighter 2 or God of War on a computer monitor on my desk.

Wii Code 8761-5941-4718-0078