By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - PCs vs. Consoles

I care about games, not hardware...

so I don't limit myself to a platform.  Where ever the games go, I go... PC, 360, PS3, etc...

as far as the hardware goes, it's all preference.  What may appeal to one person, may not appeal to another. 

For example, M/K in a FPS game isn't really a positive on the PC (for me) because I've been playing them for so long, that they all seem "too" easy now.  M/K gives you such an unrealistic advantage against AI.  It's accurite, but very unrealistic to be turning 360 degree bunny hopping while sniping someone in the head from 500 meters away.  While it's much harder to aim with the gamepad,  it feels more realitic considering a machine gun weighs a lot (irl) and it takes time to turn around, see someone, aim, and shoot.  FPS games on console rely more on strategy then twitch aiming (which I find boring after so many years).

While on the other hand, M/K is amazing for something like RTS (SC, War3) and turn base Strategy games (Civ4, GC2).  Something that just can't work properly on a gamepad (although LOTR2 on 360 was a decent attempt compaired to other console RTS controls.  Still lightyears away from M/K but it was much better then average).

Around the Network

PCs have better visuals, can custumise about everything... but lack of genres I like and are too expansive for my small wallet.

Consoles are cheap, have great games and it's better for my wallet...

So overall consoles are a better deal for me. Not that I hate PC but it's just that there's only about 2 series I like on it, Sims and Civilisation.

I agree what everyone has said about PC, but you are forgetting a key factor about them:

They are a TRUE investment.

I've heard many times from owners of a certain console that "it's an investment, because it will last for 10 years" (you know which console right?). That's not an investment. If you can't recover the money you've spent on it, then is not an investment.

For me the PC is the kickass.

Right now I am sporting Wii and PC. I'm going to be honest. 360 is a great console with great games. The thing is, PC gets (almost) all of the good 360 games. Even more so, the PC versions tend to look better, have tons of mods that drastically enhance the game (oblivion) or even come with tons of extra content (isn't Gears of War coming with extra crap?) So while the 360 (and the PS3 to a lesser extent) has quite a good library, most of the good games on those consoles also come to PC (of course there are exceptions) with, as previously stated, more content and (potentially) better visuals.

Although this is a sour issue, and I'm surprised it hasn't been brought up yet, piracy is a lot easier to pull off on the PC, which I guess could be a ... pro?... for PC gaming.

And of course, Wii is a Nintendo console... I've grown up with Nintendo (and Sega) and I love all of the characters and franchises that go along with them. The fact that I can play Mario, Zelda, Sonic and now even NiGHTS, on one console makes it a necessity. It just feels like all of the classic franchises finally coming together on one console. The fact it's cheap, and offers a new fresh control scheme only sweetens the deal. Having a 360 would merely be another unnecessary clump of hardware that serves no purpose over my PC... anything a 360 can do, my PC can do too (usually better.) The Wii offers something my PC does not, both in hardware (wii remote) and software (Nintendo franchises).

Here's a video from my band's last show Check out more (bigger) videos here http://www.youtube.com/user/icemanout