By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dragon Quest X officially announced for Wii

Soo looks like I won't be dumping my wii for a 360.

Thanks S-E.....you saved me money.
____

To people who are saying there weren't meltdowns well:

1. It was expected.....DQ IX on DS so DQ X on wii....was obvious

2. People in the west (majority of people here) don't care about DQ compared to FF
____

For us fans this bodes well....as DQ is a JRPG of old....it doesn't need grfx.....I can't wait....hopefully an EU versions will come by 2011.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

Oh and just for good humor's sake....this was a MELTDOWN post....a famous one after the FF13 E3 bombshell....here it is modified:

Square Enix just shot themselves in the foot.

I don’t know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I’m an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It’s not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase DQIX for DS, nor will they purchase any of Square Enix’s games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Square Enix has alienated an entire market with this move.

Square Enix, publicly apologize and cancel DQX for Wii or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Thanks darth, that was pretty quality.

Square Enix makes it? I don't get it one week you are all saying Square Enix sucks and now it is good that they made it?

Anyway this is good news for Nintendo :).

zleep said:
Legend11 said:
Breaking News! A third party game in which the vast majority of its sales comes from Japan is going to the Wii. Third party domination is here folks! All kidding aside how many major games are there that have 80%+ of their sales in Japan? The list is quite short I assure you.

Feel free to celebrate now but please don't start bitching when the next 5 big games are announced for HD consoles.

Stop being bitter about this news. I own an HD console, but I'm still happy for this because I was gonna buy a Wii anyways, this just sealed my decision. People like you that are very involved with sales is what's ruining the generation. Maybe you are right about Wii not getting that many high profile games, but if this means anything, is that the majority of Japanese games in the future will be on the Wii, that's why I'm buying one. I got my HD console to play western games, but if you dont own a Wii you wont be playing almost any Japanese game this gen. If I remember correctly, Wii got only scraps from third party devs so far in Japan, while HD consoles have been getting big games there. And Wii is still outselling both consoles combined by more than 2:1. It was a matter of time until devs started shifting resources, because the sales of big third party devs there for the HD consoles were not enough. Can you tell me which big game has been announced for the HD consoles in Japan lately??? No!!! Because there wasn't any! Most of the big games coming up for the HD consoles there havbe been announced way before, like when Wii wasn't even out. Now third party devs are seeing that for home consoles Wii is the only option if its a Japanese oriented game and DQX sealed this.

Just like when Monster Hunter 3 was announced for Wii I'm not bitter because I'm not a fan of either series.  Also I'm glad that you're happy when games come to a console you don't own, unfortunately you're in the minority with that mindset.  Also you bash me for being very involved in sales (which I'm not) and then go on to talk about sales yourself.  Also as far as Japanese games go I'm pretty sure I'll get to play the Japanese games I like.  I just got done playing Resident Evil 5 demo and I think the game is fantastic.  I'm eagerly awaiting Star Ocean 4.  I'm also really looking forward to Final Fantasy 13.  I also get to play the big games from studios in the West which I enjoy.  So I guess that makes all of us winners in this crazy generation.  I just wish some Wii fans would stop with the HD penis envy or whatever it is that seems to show up a lot.  I mean they have No More Heroes, Zack and Wiki, MadWorld, and some others that HD gamers don't have.  Yet many of them seem to talk more about HD games.  You won't see me talking about MH3 or DQX or any game on the Wii really except when an outrageous claim is made like in the case of The Conduit.

Around the Network
Legend11 said:
zleep said:
Legend11 said:
Breaking News! A third party game in which the vast majority of its sales comes from Japan is going to the Wii. Third party domination is here folks! All kidding aside how many major games are there that have 80%+ of their sales in Japan? The list is quite short I assure you.

Feel free to celebrate now but please don't start bitching when the next 5 big games are announced for HD consoles.

Stop being bitter about this news. I own an HD console, but I'm still happy for this because I was gonna buy a Wii anyways, this just sealed my decision. People like you that are very involved with sales is what's ruining the generation. Maybe you are right about Wii not getting that many high profile games, but if this means anything, is that the majority of Japanese games in the future will be on the Wii, that's why I'm buying one. I got my HD console to play western games, but if you dont own a Wii you wont be playing almost any Japanese game this gen. If I remember correctly, Wii got only scraps from third party devs so far in Japan, while HD consoles have been getting big games there. And Wii is still outselling both consoles combined by more than 2:1. It was a matter of time until devs started shifting resources, because the sales of big third party devs there for the HD consoles were not enough. Can you tell me which big game has been announced for the HD consoles in Japan lately??? No!!! Because there wasn't any! Most of the big games coming up for the HD consoles there havbe been announced way before, like when Wii wasn't even out. Now third party devs are seeing that for home consoles Wii is the only option if its a Japanese oriented game and DQX sealed this.

Just like when Monster Hunter 3 was announced for Wii I'm not bitter because I'm not a fan of either series.  Also I'm glad that you're happy when games come to a console you don't own, unfortunately you're in the minority with that mindset.  Also you bash me for being very involved in sales (which I'm not) and then go on to talk about sales yourself.  Also as far as Japanese games go I'm pretty sure I'll get to play the Japanese games I like.  I just got done playing Resident Evil 5 demo and I think the game is fantastic.  I'm eagerly awaiting Star Ocean 4.  I'm also really looking forward to Final Fantasy 13.  I also get to play the big games from studios in the West which I enjoy.  So I guess that makes all of us winners in this crazy generation.  I just wish some Wii fans would stop with the HD penis envy or whatever it is that seems to show up a lot.  I mean they have No More Heroes, Zack and Wiki, MadWorld, and some others that HD gamers don't have.  Yet many of them seem to talk more about HD games.  You won't see me talking about MH3 or DQX or any game on the Wii really except when an outrageous claim is made like in the case of The Conduit.

Win for Legend11.

Legend11 said:
zleep said:
Legend11 said:

{claps} Brilliant post Legend11!!

What in the Hell is "HD penis envy"?

@Legend: I also own an HD console, I'm not envious of anything -.-

But I see other posters celebrating your posts because they are envious of the Wii.

Khuutra said:
What in the Hell is "HD penis envy"?

It's awesome: If normally your penis is 480 pixeld long, all of a sudden it will be 720 or (if you're lucky, doesn't happy very often) 1080 pixels long!

But of course you got to have teh HD! I jumped in a few weeks ago. The girls will love it.