By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dragon Quest X officially announced for Wii

Zuhyc said:
Whoah, some big Sony hate.

Good morning, welcome to VGchartz.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

Around the Network

Breaking News! A third party game in which the vast majority of its sales comes from Japan is going to the Wii. Third party domination is here folks! All kidding aside how many major games are there that have 80%+ of their sales in Japan? The list is quite short I assure you.

Feel free to celebrate now but please don't start bitching when the next 5 big games are announced for HD consoles.

Like I stated in the news section, I'm really happy for Nintendo this will be beneficial for them. ^^

People don´t realise the importance of dragon quest X on wii. Just remember that dragon quest VIII was the BEST SELLING PS2 game on JAPAN!"!!!. this practically means ps3 is screwed in japan (no need to mention 360)

Legend11 said:
Breaking News! A third party game in which the vast majority of its sales comes from Japan is going to the Wii. Third party domination is here folks! All kidding aside how many major games are there that have 80%+ of their sales in Japan? The list is quite short I assure you.

Feel free to celebrate now but please don't start bitching when the next 5 big games are announced for HD consoles.

Stop being bitter about this news. I own an HD console, but I'm still happy for this because I was gonna buy a Wii anyways, this just sealed my decision. People like you that are very involved with sales is what's ruining the generation. Maybe you are right about Wii not getting that many high profile games, but if this means anything, is that the majority of Japanese games in the future will be on the Wii, that's why I'm buying one. I got my HD console to play western games, but if you dont own a Wii you wont be playing almost any Japanese game this gen. If I remember correctly, Wii got only scraps from third party devs so far in Japan, while HD consoles have been getting big games there. And Wii is still outselling both consoles combined by more than 2:1. It was a matter of time until devs started shifting resources, because the sales of big third party devs there for the HD consoles were not enough. Can you tell me which big game has been announced for the HD consoles in Japan lately??? No!!! Because there wasn't any! Most of the big games coming up for the HD consoles there havbe been announced way before, like when Wii wasn't even out. Now third party devs are seeing that for home consoles Wii is the only option if its a Japanese oriented game and DQX sealed this.

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:
Just read through the thread... Did this surprise ppl? Its the highest console in JP, and didn't SE say that's where DQ would go?

BUt, but, but....what about "expanding their audience"?

For a publisher that said that they're not going to favor one company over another, it sure does seem like ONE particular company is getting the shaft.

SO4, DQX....why no PS3 love? Doesn't matter though...didn't like DQVIII , and I'll be picking up SO4 whenever it comes out

As awesome as this announcement is, I'm also sad.

This is just like when the new Tales was announced. We have no info and all I can do is get hyped while waiting for more information to surface.

"To love and to cherish, in sickness and in health, for as long you shall be resurrected from death in the church"

BMaker11 said:
DMeisterJ said:
Just read through the thread... Did this surprise ppl? Its the highest console in JP, and didn't SE say that's where DQ would go?

BUt, but, but....what about "expanding their audience"?

For a publisher that said that they're not going to favor one company over another, it sure does seem like ONE particular company is getting the shaft.

SO4, DQX....why no PS3 love? Doesn't matter though...didn't like DQVIII , and I'll be picking up SO4 whenever it comes out

Lack of install base.

lol, awesome sig!

this thread didn't exist last time i logged in and that was about 9 hours ago, look at it now.

good for wii, i was always big fan of DQ

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434