By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dragon Quest X officially announced for Wii

ctk495 said:
Bodhesatva said:

Cute little comic about the announcement:

http://www.brawlinthefamily.com/

That comic was epic,I hope that in the next smash  game there is a slime as a playable character.

Probably whatever character gamers like best from IX or X, with Slime as an assist.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network
Soriku said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
ctk495 said:
Bodhesatva said:

That comic was epic,I hope that in the next smash  game there is a slime as a playable character.

Probably whatever character gamers like best from IX or X, with Slime as an assist.

But didn't they say they would only add characters that appeared on Nintendo systems? FF IX and X weren't on Nintendo systems :(

Maybe they could add Terra or Kefka though.

....This is about Dragon Quest, my man. What topic do you think you're in? Slimes aren't even in Final Fantasy, not under that name.

Soriku said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
ctk495 said:
Bodhesatva said:

But didn't they say they would only add characters that appeared on Nintendo systems? FF IX and X weren't on Nintendo systems :(

Maybe they could add Terra or Kefka though.

i think he is talking about DQ, slimes are like the mascots of DQ, terra and kefka are from FF6

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434
ClaudeLv250 said:
Rei said:
I wonder if DQX could be using Crystal Tools? It supports the Wii, and SE hasnt yet announced a single game using it for the platform.

I was wondering that myself. I think it would be silly to restrict it to the Square side of games, but maybe Armor Project wants to do their own thing...

And yes people, please. More meltdowns. I want to see more metacritics cling to abritrary numbers. I want to see more bitter tears like Legend's! I want to see the constant dismissal of Japanese support! MOAR PEOPLE, MOAR!

Well Legend was totally right wasn't he =p..

This thread is amazing, 

Moderated - Kantor. Don't necrobump old threads.

Soriku said:
When DQ IX got announced for the DS, every dev ran to put RPGs on the DS, and you've seen how many RPGs the Wii has now. Before that it was just casual/shovelware stuff on the DS. What does this mean? The same that has happened to the DS will now happen to the Wii. The Wii will be the #1 console for JRPGs this gen.

:)  I think this is going to be my new sig...

Around the Network
Lostplanet22 said:
Soriku said:
When DQ IX got announced for the DS, every dev ran to put RPGs on the DS, and you've seen how many RPGs the Wii has now. Before that it was just casual/shovelware stuff on the DS. What does this mean? The same that has happened to the DS will now happen to the Wii. The Wii will be the #1 console for JRPGs this gen.

:)  I think this is going to be my new sig...

maybe...but the best JRPG this gen will end up on the PS3...FF Versus FTW