By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dragon Quest X officially announced for Wii

I hadn't thought of the possibility of a DQVII remake on the Wii. Seeing as how it's the #1-selling PS1 game in Japan, and the long history of DQ remakes, this actually seems quite likely.

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

Around the Network
Soriku said:
lol at the PS3 getting the shaft thing. Just a few days ago it was "the Wii is getting the shaft from SE! **** them! They'll never put serious support on the Wii!" now it's more like "DQ X ON WII! <3 SE!" and now "PS3 is getting the shaft! **** you SE!"

I love how things change so easily :P

It's not the same groups making those claims. That is unless trestres joins in this. But most of the group claiming the former are now trying to downplay this.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Soriku said:

Btw, another thing...

Since Level 5 making this game is a given, Level 5 is another major third party on the Wii because Inazuma Eleven Break is no doubt for the Wii, and they said that Ninokuni DS game with Studio Ghibli will get a console version and no doubt that'll be on the Wii as well. So DQ X, Inazuma Eleven Break, and Ninokuni. Sweet. Level 5 FTW!

I wonder how long SE will employ them to make it. Chunsoft made the first five with Heartbeat making 6 and 7. L5 (as we know) is doing 8, 9, and 10. I was just curious to see when the change will take place.

You make a lot of assumptions young one.........

It is the most probable, but what til things get announced.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

All this Level 5 talk just made me realize:

What's going to happen to those endless rumors about Sony buying Level 5 if it turns out that they're making Dragon Quest X?

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

ClaudeLv250 said:

What's going to happen to those endless rumors about Sony buying Level 5 if it turns out that they're making Dragon Quest X?

It is very unlikely that Level-5 is involved in development of DQX. Just like it is unlikely that Sony even thinks of buying them. All these rumours are just .. meh.

Around the Network
ClaudeLv250 said:

Well, then the game would be given to another studio as it is likely not even in full production yet.

Soriku said:
ClaudeLv250 said:

Heh...it's not even a rumor. It was some random guy making up some stuff (or just speculating...on something unlikely to happen) yet some people jumped on the rumor bandwagon. How easy it is to make the Internet believe you :P

Being that it's stupid doesn't change the fact that it's still a rumor.

Soriku said:
outlawauron said:
Soriku said:
ClaudeLv250 said:

Heh...it's not even a rumor. It was some random guy making up some stuff (or just speculating...on something unlikely to happen) yet some people jumped on the rumor bandwagon. How easy it is to make the Internet believe you :P

Does that mean I can make my own blog, say something, and proclaim it as a rumor? Seriously...it's just one random guy making things up. Hardly a rumor.

Sure can, but no one will believe it and mostly ignore as you'd have no credibility. It's credibility and time that allow people like Patcher, Totilo, and Quartermann to put out rumors and be a big deal.

this thread has barely been up for 24 hours and look how many posts...

Soriku said:
outlawauron said:
Soriku said:
outlawauron said:
Soriku said:
ClaudeLv250 said:

Does that mean I can make my own blog, say something, and proclaim it as a rumor? Seriously...it's just one random guy making things up. Hardly a rumor.

Sure can, but no one will believe it and mostly ignore as you'd have no credibility. It's credibility and time that allow people like Patcher, Totilo, and Quartermann to put out rumors and be a big deal.

Yeah, but those are different. Those are industry insiders. The guy who posted the Level 5 "rumor" was a random blogger with no credibility.

Which is why you take it with a large grain of salt.