By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dragon Quest X officially announced for Wii

Soriku said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:

I don't think HD would have done much for this game. I honestly don't think there's much difference between DQ Swords on Wii and Valkyria Chronicles on PS3.

Actually, DQ Swords might even look better o_o

Wah, you really think that? O_o

I wonder if the Wii can output VC visuals. I'd love DQ X to look like that.

Eh, it wouldn't surprise me really.  VC seems to use a lot of the same tricks No More Heroes used... just more complicated.

It surprises me when people say it was a really expensive game since while it looks cool it doesn't look hugely technically complicated.

Around the Network

The hell? DQ Swords looks better than I imagined (never played it...yet). That water is even kind of sexy. I'm not even sure where the DQ8 whining is coming from, I think this might look better.

Well damn, now I want to see DQX even more.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Is Sega going to be at the Jump Festa?

If you think about it. Once Dragon Quest X hits the Wii, every small JRPG developer will start developing for the Wii, because they will aim for the DQ fanbase. This pretty much kills the argument that the Wii has no JRPGS, it will get the best ones. Better late than never :).

--OkeyDokey-- said:

I don't think HD would have done much for this game. I honestly don't think there's much difference between DQ Swords on Wii and Valkyria Chronicles on PS3.

[snip]

[snip]

Actually, DQ Swords might even look better o_o

Man why you gotta troll

Around the Network

@Soriku, the link to your podcast show doesn't seem to work.

Heavens to Murgatoids.

When is Jump Festa again? :P

Soriku said:
Ari_Gold said:
If you think about it. Once Dragon Quest X hits the Wii, every small JRPG developer will start developing for the Wii, because they will aim for the DQ fanbase. This pretty much kills the argument that the Wii has no JRPGS, it will get the best ones. Better late than never :).

You really think that? :O I thought you were too mesmerized with the 360 ones :)

yes, Atlus, Namco, NIS, Marvelous, etc, all japanese companies will start developin their main jrpg franchises to the Wii. Its the power of Dragon Quest.

Ari_Gold said:
Soriku said:
Ari_Gold said:

You really think that? :O I thought you were too mesmerized with the 360 ones :)

yes, Atlus, Namco, NIS, Marvelous, etc, all japanese companies will start developin their main jrpg franchises to the Wii. Its the power of Dragon Quest.

Marvelous and Namco are already on-board, NIS and Atlus may follow after DQX maybe.

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434
Soriku said:
@Claude

http://www.jumpfesta.com/booth/index.html

Yes.

Doubt they'll announce SoA2 though :P

Can't wait to see Tales Wii at Jump Festa though :)

I just found out that Capcom is going to be there too. Breath of Fire DS + Breath of Fire VI for the Wii plz.

When is Jump Festa again? :P

Starts on the 20th.