By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - "Hardcore" Wii games from 2009+

joora said:
NMH 2 is a definitive purchase, but the wait is loooooooooooooooooooong. hurry up Suda and grasshopper fellas!

Suda51 handed most of the control of NMH2 to his second-in-command from NMH1.  He's really not doing as much with it as before.  I think he's more focused on the next Snatcher game, or that horror title he's making cross-platform.

Around the Network

So many great titles coming next year.

If Pikmin & Kirby do surface for Wii then they should alongside Punch-Out, S&P2, The Conduit & MadWorld make for a good year for core gamers. I am sure there are still 1 or2 games we don't no about from Nintendo for next year.

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions

will buy:

MadWorld

Punch-Out!!

Sonic & the Black Knight

Sin & Punishment 2

The Conduit

Though everything else on that list is possible, depending on how the release dates unfold for the above. Indeed, take those games, add in Factor 5's Wii project, the inevitable Pikmin 3, Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon, and Phantasy Star Zero, and you pretty much have my year.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

ctk495 said:
Soriku said:
-No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle + have to get first one

-FFCC: The Crystal Bearers

-Arc Rise Fantasia

-"Tales of" Game

-Monster Hunter 3

-Kizuna

-Fatal Frame IV

-Muramasa

-Valhalla Knights

-Fragile

Do want.

Are you seriously getting all those games?

Oh course he isn't. He doesn't have the money. He will realize that Valhalla Knights sucks (like both PSP additions did) and I think he will also need to try MH beforehand as it is an acquired taste.

And Soriku, I give you the biggest insert *face palm.gif* ever for using the word snobcore. It just makes worse than any "hardcore" by inadvertinally calling yourself an elitist.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

I'll buy the first three you mentioned day one. :)

PS3 Trophies

outlawauron said:

And Soriku, I give you the biggest insert *face palm.gif* ever for using the word snobcore. It just makes worse than any "hardcore" by inadvertinally calling yourself an elitist.

I suppose there's a bit of elitism in looking down on the elitists, yes. Still, it's a valid term. It just means and gamer who looks down on anyone with different tastes, priorities, and interests than him (usually "him," at least). They're the folks who look down on people who enjoy mini-games, and who created the terms "non-game" and "non-gamer"  (as if they can define who counts!), and who use "casual" as an insult.

No, I'd say Soriku's use of the phrase is valid. If it means you have to look down on the little boys treat gaming as their little treehouse, and attack those who want to game differently than them, I say so be it.

Oboro Muramasa?

What the heck happened to Fatal Frame 4?

I bought about 10 games this year alone. Oh well why complain I'll just have buy another 10 next year. It's gonna be a good 09 for wii owners!

Wichdog69

Hm. I see three games I want in this thread. Seems about in line with the first two years then.