By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - "Hardcore" Wii games from 2009+

I think this list is going to seem pretty sad compared to what it will look like when most of the Wii's 09 games actually get announced.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network
thekitchensink said:
damkira said:

So sad that none of those are first-party games... except for Punch Out which I don't think will be "Hardcore"

Oh, god--is this the new argument?  "Sure, the Wii has plenty of hardcore games, but they're not by Nintendo themselves!!!!!!"

Er.. I have been a Nintendo fan for twenty years and only own a Wii and a DS this generation. I'm expressing disappointment that Nintendo isn't releasing any serious games next year (that have actually been confirmed) so no, I'm no sony or ms fanboy.

Sin & Punishment is confirmed, isn't it?

And why are you sad? You don't really think it means anything other than they haven't confirmed their games yet, do you?

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

damkira said:
thekitchensink said:
damkira said:

So sad that none of those are first-party games... except for Punch Out which I don't think will be "Hardcore"

Oh, god--is this the new argument?  "Sure, the Wii has plenty of hardcore games, but they're not by Nintendo themselves!!!!!!"

Er.. I have been a Nintendo fan for twenty years and only own a Wii and a DS this generation. I'm expressing disappointment that Nintendo isn't releasing any serious games next year (that have actually been confirmed) so no, I'm no sony or ms fanboy.

Sorry, that was rude of me to assume

But you have to admit, my 'suggestion' does seem like the next 'logical' step XD

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

im gonna be broke in 09

Around the Network

I'm broke now.

There's a backlog I need to catch up on and the 09 line up isn't helping.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

psychoBrew said:

I'm already hyped about The Conduit and Monster Hunter 3.  If Battlefront 3 comes out for the Wii and it's done right (not a watered down and stupified version from other consoles), that is another game I will definitely be purchasing.  I'm really interested in a good traditional RPG as well (preferably a first person RPG) -- casting spells and sword fighting may make you look rediculous, but it would be a ton of fun.  Not sure what traditional RPG's are comming out, if any though.

There are numberous games comming out for the Wii in 2009 with tons of potential, even more than what's on your list.  I guess it comes down to your definition of hard core though.

If you're looking for a RPG for the Wii that will be coming out, check out Arc Rice Fantasia. There isn't much info on it yet, but it looks like it could be a really good RPG (though its not first person like you want =/.)

Oh yeah. I guess we could also add DRAGON QUEST 10 to the list of upcoming hardcore Wii games.

You know... If you wanted to.

stof said:
Oh yeah. I guess we could also add DRAGON QUEST 10 to the list of upcoming hardcore Wii games.

Ok, I'll start adding games. I'm going to put up Oboro Muramasa, Fatal Frame 4 and Dragon Quest X. If you want me to put any others just reply to this :P

is Phoenix_Wiight said:
stof said:

Ok, I'll start adding games. I'm going to put up Oboro Muramasa, Fatal Frame 4 and Dragon Quest X. If you want me to put any others just reply to this :P

Disaster: Day of Crisis

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."