By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - "Hardcore" Wii games from 2009+

I still think Zelda will be Cmas 09.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Around the Network
bigjon said:
I still think Zelda will be Cmas 09.

hopefully... I'm sure Nintendo has a couple of tricks up their sleeves for next year.

I think we might end up getting-

Pikmin 3

Kid Icarus Wii

Punch Out Wii

F-Zero Wii

Star Fox Wii

LoZ Wii

or atleast announcments for them within 2009 alone.

we won't get LoZ Wii next year... by saying this i won't be disappointed either way :)

Getting

-The Conduit

-Madworld

-No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle

-Sin & Punishment 2

-FFCC: The Crystal Bearers

-Arc Rise Fantasia

-"Tales of" Game

-Monster Hunter 3

-Sonic and the Black Knight

-Punch Out Wii

-Kizuna

-Deadly Creatures

And demon blade....>_> Yes I know it's alot but I only see SO4 as my next 360 for a long time...

Former something....

Blacksaber said:

And demon blade....>_> Yes I know it's alot but I only see SO4 as my next 360 for a long time...

ya, all I'm purchasing is FFXIII and RE5 (for PS3 tho) :P

Around the Network
BengaBenga said:
Phoenix_Wiight said:
now, even tho the Wii is finally getting these games, do you think it will still be ignored just because its the Wii and not the 360/PS3?

sadly this will probably happen, but I hope some of the asshole reviewers finally get it in their head...

Why?
There might be a few really pathetic idiots that hate the Wii for being the Wii, but the average core gamer will buy a console when there's enough games he wants to play. Next year a lot of hardcore JRPG gamers will probably buy a Wii.

Well for me, I am not a fan of the wiimote.  So if theres a game that comes out on the PS360 and the Wii im 100% likely to get it on the PS360 and that decision is completely based on controller. The game has to be a core game (Zelda, Mario, Metroid, etc) or AAA+++ exclusive before im going to put up with using the wiimote.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

I want Pikmin 3 quite a lot.

So sad that none of those are first-party games... except for Punch Out which I don't think will be \"Hardcore\"

Phoenix_Wiight said:

I'm somewhat tired of seeing countless threads which talk about what are going to be the best games for 2009 and some people still completly disregard the Wii, so here's my list of "hardcore" Wii titles for next year that have some great potential.

-The Conduit

-Madworld

-No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle

-Sin & Punishment 2

-Cursed Mountain

-Pikmin 3

-Tatsunoko vs. Capcom

-FFCC: The Crystal Bearers

-Arc Rise Fantasia

-"Tales of" Game

-Monster Hunter 3

-Sonic and the Black Knight

-Punch Out Wii

-Kizuna

-Deadly Creatures

These are the "hardcore" Wii games that I think have potential, what about you? Do you think any of them will be great hardcore titles?

I'm already hyped about The Conduit and Monster Hunter 3.  If Battlefront 3 comes out for the Wii and it's done right (not a watered down and stupified version from other consoles), that is another game I will definitely be purchasing.  I'm really interested in a good traditional RPG as well (preferably a first person RPG) -- casting spells and sword fighting may make you look rediculous, but it would be a ton of fun.  Not sure what traditional RPG's are comming out, if any though.

There are numberous games comming out for the Wii in 2009 with tons of potential, even more than what's on your list.  I guess it comes down to your definition of hard core though.

damkira said:

So sad that none of those are first-party games... except for Punch Out which I don't think will be "Hardcore"

Oh, god--is this the new argument?  "Sure, the Wii has plenty of hardcore games, but they're not by Nintendo themselves!!!!!!"

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."