By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Quake on Wii using Homebrew - Amazingly fast controls

Check the video on: http://gonintendo.com/?p=65323

It always amazes me how homebrewers often can get more done with less recources than professional studio's. This looks totally awesome.

Around the Network

Ahh yes the magic of the homebrew channel *hugs homebrew channel*

Wow Wii controls could actually be really good for FPS! Amazing from the other videos I have seen it always looked like slow molasses (and the difference between pointing and moving your head were terrible) but this looks pretty cool.

(Not comparable to a good keyboard/mouse of course but far better than analog sticks)

Now would someone please release a console with Wii controls and decent hardware?

The Homebrew Channel upsets me since it is partly responsible for Mario Kart hackers. *gives the finger to hackers*

On topic. I'm sure that Quake would be awesome with Wii controls. I just wish that they would do it with GoldenEye ( I know. It's never going to happen.)

Kryos. How is the Wii not decent hardware?"

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Now do it with quake3 + network!!! Then I would be even more happpier!!

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network

Holy crap. I am a shameful Wii owner. I knew nothing of Wii homebrew. Patching.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Cool with that fast controls you need better AI. Isn’t this faster than a mouse? I never play FPS on PC so I don’t know.

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Roma said:
Cool with that fast controls you need better AI. Isn’t this faster than a mouse? I never play FPS on PC so I don’t know.

You can set mouse controls to be more sensitive, thus making them far faster than that.

SW-5120-1900-6153

thetonestarr said:
Roma said:

You can set mouse controls to be more sensitive, thus making them far faster than that.

oh ok cool,

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

AW just give 3rd parties some slack, even Metroid Prime 3 havent that kind of controls. I mean, the only real FPS I've seen on the Wii so far are COD WAW, MOH: H2, QoS Wii and soon to be The Conduit. Red Steel doesnt count. So really, 3rd parties arent even trying just give them time I think 3rd parties still inclined that FPS sell on PS360 more. Just wait till the Wii cannibilized the PS360 sales and forced third parties to develop games on the Wii.

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg