By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Go Buy Shaun White for Wii

theprof00 said:
no its not because leaning on the board doesn't turn a board in real life. moving one foot forward and one foot back turns the board.

You also shouldn't just say stuff like you did, unless it is the final conclusion of a conversation. You just came in and said that, and you probably have never read my posts before. I've owned all three consoles, but I have stopped taking sides completely.

I think SSX wii is pure awesome-sauce, and there will come a time when a good balance board boarding game comes out, I just feel that this is definitely not it.

But it's still more like being on a snowboard than using a controller. You are standing up and active, thus its MORE like reality. It might be unrealistic, but that's not what we're talking about. It's certainly more realistic than drawing love hearts in the air like SSX Blur (which was awesome, I agree)

I have no idea what you mean 'you shouldn't just say stuff...' etc. It was just a stupid, jesting post, you serious man. Perhaps you are not referring to me. I have not a scooby.

Cheers.

For those of you that have played Skate It for brief moments I say play it for longer and you will dig it, especially on the wiimote. The balance board controls are tough.

Yes.

www.spacemag.org - contribute your stuff... satire, comics, ideas, debate, stupidy stupid etc.

Around the Network
Malachi said:
theprof00 said:
malachi, if you are going to quote someone then use the quote button.

If you are talking about me then you don't know what you are talking about.

I though the little arrow were clear enough, apparently not. Oh and good counter argument, what is it, 10th great? No I am not! Yes your are! NO I am not *crie in corner*. I see a really productive argument coming.

Anyway I am sure your post history and your game collection back me up on the bitter Brown Gamer part, not that you will ever admit it. Keep on defending your console of choice on internet forum. I garantue you it won't have any effect on the trouncing it is receiving and that a console that is pandering to a bunch of excitable fratboy will be soon a thing of the past.

See you at the funeral.

lol, I just play games that I like, I've repeatedly said I like the 360 lineup, and was about to get another wii this christmas until some great ps3 games came out, along with trophies.

And no the arrows aren't clear enough when you are being aggressive to someone for no reason at all. The game sucks, I played the game. I didn't expect you to say that to me, so I didn't expect that those arrows were really aimed at me. I hope you feel better though.

@baz

I just meant you shouldn't attack someone's credibility just because you don't agree with them.

theprof00 said:
Malachi said:
theprof00 said:

I though the little arrow were clear enough, apparently not. Oh and good counter argument, what is it, 10th great? No I am not! Yes your are! NO I am not *crie in corner*. I see a really productive argument coming.

Anyway I am sure your post history and your game collection back me up on the bitter Brown Gamer part, not that you will ever admit it. Keep on defending your console of choice on internet forum. I garantue you it won't have any effect on the trouncing it is receiving and that a console that is pandering to a bunch of excitable fratboy will be soon a thing of the past.

See you at the funeral.

lol, I just play games that I like, I've repeatedly said I like the 360 lineup, and was about to get another wii this christmas until some great ps3 games came out, along with trophies.

And no the arrows aren't clear enough when you are being aggressive to someone for no reason at all. The game sucks, I played the game. I didn't expect you to say that to me, so I didn't expect that those arrows were really aimed at me. I hope you feel better though.

@baz

I just meant you shouldn't attack someone's credibility just because you don't agree with them.

Everybody play the game they like, not doing so is just illogical. Never say you didn't like the game you play, I am sure you do, I just say that the opinion of a Brown Gamer is pretty much worthless and become all the more so when he is shooting down a game that doesn't enter into the really narrow definition of what is "fun".

Persons without argument hide behind their opinion

Why do you keep calling him a brown gamer? What does that even mean?

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

ameratsu said:

Why do you keep calling him a brown gamer? What does that even mean?

I could be wrong, but it probably means an HD console gamer, since most people that don't own one believe the games are delivered in nothing but shades of brown because of a few cherry picked examples.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network
Malachi said:
theprof00 said:
Malachi said:
theprof00 said:

See you at the funeral.

@baz

Everybody play the game they like, not doing so is just illogical. Never say you didn't like the game you play, I am sure you do, I just say that the opinion of a Brown Gamer is pretty much worthless and become all the more so when he is shooting down a game that doesn't enter into the really narrow definition of what is "fun".

what are you even talking about anymore? I said I didn't even like the ps360 version. I didn't say it wasn't fun, I said it was friggin frustrating and had bad controls. Even with a controller, which is arguably easier to use than the board, it still has control issues.

This argument is becoming more and more whether or not you think you are right, and less about what I actually said.

PS: So then, what is a gamer who never even played a game but defends it because it is on his wii? A rainbow gamer?

@rol, I am still upset about wii sports overthrowing mario, don't poke sore spots.

@prof: so you are arguing balance board controls are bad because ps3 controls are bad, without having tried the wii controls? nice.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

take the sarcasm out of your tone mister because I've said about twice now that I've played the wii version as well.
Or.... at least I thought I said that, I might have deleted it thinking I was repeating myself. hang on.........

"the balance board makes me wanna scream when I lean in one direction and it decides not to go that way....."

Nope, that was my quote, and then I also talked about how the control was different than the actual snowboard which I use in real life, when I snowboard on the mountain, outside on a slope. I also said that maybe my frustration with the balanceboard's awkward control was because of the fact that I am used to twisting instead of leaning to turn a snowboard.

I also said that the wii version of the game is better than the ps360 version, but I have not played the 360 version yet. I gamefly'ed the ps3 version, and then my gf's sister told me to come over and play the wii version. It is better, but I still don't think it is as good as SSX, there are so many things that they could have done better that they didn't.

I hope you can get past being wrong long enough to understand that I am not trolling you or this thread or saying the wii sucks. I'm saying that I did not like this game one bit, and that the balance board, which I thought was going to be awesomesauce, almost destroyed it for me.

PS: I have great expectations for Skate it on the wii. So please, everyone calm down, lay off the sugar for a while, and get some sunlight.

theprof00 said:
Malachi said:
theprof00 said:

See you at the funeral.

@baz

I'm sorry you saw it as an attack on your credibility, it was only supposed to be a throwaway comment. The tinternet is the paranoid.

Skate It controls like a tank on the board (but that is me being a non-skater). On the mote it is rather top lovely, old bean.

Yes.

www.spacemag.org - contribute your stuff... satire, comics, ideas, debate, stupidy stupid etc.

Does Shaun White supports the gamecube controller ?