By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Starcraft 2, Savior of PC gaming

johnsobas said:
it's about damn time blizzard stopped making games that only require you to put in loads of time, and made a game that actually takes skill. Have been waiting for something like this since warcraft 3 came out.

Here here.  This is the first Blizzard game I've looked forward to since Diablo 2.

I agree with bebop, the cost of PC gaming is growing too fast, and the developers are shooting too high with system requirements.  And it's because people actually go out and BUY these $400, $500, $600 graphics cards.  As long as that keeps happening, the situation will not change.

Personally though, I'm looking toward Team Fortress 2 to help save PC gaming.  :)  I really hope Valve shows Epic and EA/Dice how a team-based FPS game should be done.

Around the Network

It will be the end of gaming consoles. But seriusly when this game comes out I will get a new PC just for this games it has been ages since a really good RTS game come out (hell I don't even reameber) another thing on note it is granted good and a big online userbasse ah I love Fring Zergling I low the look of an burned enemy base I love bunker Warz I love all that made the original it is what that got me into gaming and I was 6 when this game came out I love you mighty Queen of Blades most you show me one more time how bad ass you were.

My dog is way beyond my ranking list than you.

Din Apekatt  

Im really excited for SC2 but man the game I want is Diablo 3. I spent countless hours on D2 with my friends. Good times

"Everyone else see's the Joker laugh; only Harley has ever seen him cry."- Arleen Sorkin

In an hour of Darkness a blind man is
the best guide. In an age of Insanity
look to the madman to show the way.
- - Warhammer 40,000 rule book

Not a large fan of the original Starcraft as I prefered the Warcraft series. I will however being picking up Starcraft 2 as so far it appears to be different enough in the game style of the original to be the type of RTS I enjoy.

PC gaming will never die . Its to cheap to develop for and it allways have a small but stable sale base . It will allways be nr.2 behind console games though :?

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network

PC Gaming may never die, but it's pretty ill these days. The sheer amount of good titles coming out now versus the late 90s or even early 00s is dramatically lower, and in a much smaller range of genres. I actually think the XBox line has done more damage to PC sales than anything else - many hardcore PC developers make games for Xbox/360 in addition to or even instead of the PC. Blizzard is one of the few that has stayed computer exclusive - which, given the amount of money they've made there is not at all surprising.

Actually one of the major problems with PC gaming is MMORPGs. Especially World of Warcraft. Due to the pay to play (& addictive) nature of most, many people have a tendency to dedicate so much time to an MMO that they remove all other gaming from their plate. Since they're not a one time fee, they want to get their money's worth each month.
I was also guilty of this in the early days of Guild Wars. I spent all my free time (which wasn't much to begin with) playing the game and nothing else got any attention.

To cash in my CC rewards points for $300 in Circuit City gift cards to purchase a 360 or not: That is the question.

Yeah, I would not call Blizzard the best...or their CGI the best, but they're great, among the best of the best to be sure. But I'd put Nintendo and Valve above them.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Wolfenstein said:
It will be the end of gaming consoles. But seriusly when this game comes out I will get a new PC just for this games it has been ages since a really good RTS game come out

i will do the same

this game seems really great

i just hope that my old computer won't die before  ...

sorry my english is baaadd

I know it is WAY early, but could someone well informed take a guess at what hardware it'll take to run this game? Its just i need to know if i have to start saving for a new computer. I was just about to make a permanent, never-to-return shift to the 360 from PC gaming when they announced this.

Im serious about the hardware question, please have a stab at it if you know what your talking about.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS