By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Starcraft 2, Savior of PC gaming

Developed by Blizzard, the highest-profiled company in gaming, authors of the 3 most popular franchises in their own genres(Diablo, Starcraft and Warcraft) recently announced Starcraft 2 on May 19, at WWI 2007 in South Korea, for the delight of many fans of the sequel of the highly acclaimed and popular Starcraft. With it's superior and addicting gameplay, both newbie friendly and hardcore gaming suitable, Starcraft reached 10 million sales and has reached legendary status within gaming industry, will have it's torch carried by the sequel, promising to reach new heights of RTS, and not just a cardboard copy RTS.

Blizzard is also known for it's high quality CGI, having possibly the most talented group of animators in the industry. Here is Starcraft 2's announcement trailer:

Announcement trailer
Announcement trailer HD
Annoucement trailer at WWI 2007 (with the korean fans going wild)

Gameplay Videos:

Gameplay footage and Unit preview
Zerg Rush
Protoss Mothership
Epic Battle GG xD

And now with point n' click Adventure on Single-player campaign, absolutely amazing, reminds me of good ol' Lucas Arts days:

YouTube version Part 1
YouTube version Part 2

We can expect some great graphics and designs, but also great scalability for some of the lower-end computers, since it's Blizzard's philosophy. It wouldn't be a stretch to think this game could sell over 20 million copies Worldwide, it's Blizzard afterall.

To be released no sooner than 2008, and only for PC/MAC.

EDIT: Starcraft 2's announcement was the first of the 3 unannounced projects from Blizzard. The second project was announced recently as the new expansion for World of Warcraft, entlitled "World of Warcraft: The Wrath of the Lich King".
The last unannounced project still remains a secret, but with the recent sequel of Starcraft, some fans think the last project could be infact Diablo 3.

Around the Network

ZOMG Zerg Rush!!!

No, it will not, consoles make gaming easier and thus consoles will remain king...

But its not like PC gaming will die...

Blizzard is the highest profiled company in gaming? since when? they are only known by 9 million people due to WoW which contains 90% of their old fanbase they had before then.

I'd say Epic or Valve or ID Soft are by far more acclaimed for that title.

And no I doubt Starcraft 2 is PC's saving grace as there is nothing to save PC gaming still the largest platform for gaming.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

DAGGY,

1/ thx u for ur post allowing me to see more SC2 video
2/ in ur title, I would remplace "starcratf2" by "blizzard"
3/ yes, they are the savior :
3 most anticipated PC game :

Crysis
Wow extension
SC2
(and diablo 3 when it will be ready^^)

===> BLIZZARD.

Time to Work !

great that and age of empire 3 are 2 games i'm really looking forward to see

Around the Network

shit, I expected new video :'(((

ok let s these 2 (one the top) :

http://media.pc.ign.com/media/850/850126/vids_1.html

new tank design / new ghost ability / new unit / new terran radar / new battle cruiser ability

Time to Work !

ssj12 said:
Blizzard is the highest profiled company in gaming? since when? they are only known by 9 million people due to WoW which contains 90% of their old fanbase they had before then.

I'd say Epic or Valve or ID Soft are by far more acclaimed for that title.

And no I doubt Starcraft 2 is PC's saving grace as there is nothing to save PC gaming still the largest platform for gaming.

It's not only known for WoW... it's clear you don't know much about PC gaming:

Warcraft 1, 2 & 3: over 19 million sold, with Warcraft 3 selling the most (W3 had 4.5 million units preordered before it's release) 

Diablo 1 & 2: over 17 million sold, with Diablo 2 selling the most

Starcraft: ~10 million sold

WoW: 9 million active users

Ever heard of Battle.net?

No offense, but Epic or Valve are nowhere near Blizzard, and though I have much respect for ID, in terms of recent success (artisticaly and financially) they aren't doing justice of their past, and Doom 3 was a let-down Imo.

If it's not the highest profiled, then it is one of the highest.

Hahaha Epic and Valve are higher profile than Nintendo? You`ve got to be kidding me :).

Blizzard is in a completely different league. They have 3 of the biggest online franchises. I think between Nintendo and Blizzard would be the real fight for the highest quality dev.

Makes you wonder how big a PKMN MMO would be if made by both.

The game looks like it'll be amazing.

When it comes to Action RPG, RTS, and MMORPG, Blizzard has been regarded as the best game developer for PC platform by many and I certainly believe it as well.

I've been addicted to Blizz's games ever since I picked up Diablo I in 1996. The quality is extremely high for almost every title they have released. Developers at Blizzard are amazingly talented. I'm deeply in awe of them.

No, it's not going to stop  'Til you wise up
No, it's not going to stop  So just ... give up
- Aimee Mann