By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Starcraft 2, Savior of PC gaming

The game does look like fun but nothing really new or amazing. During the video's they keep saying new this and new that but the units are nothing new, all they did is change the name, that air ship that tranforms into a goliath lol, and that thor thing looks like crap, all the terran units and buildings are all just boxes, one would think they could of added more to the game after 10 years or whatever its been since the original starcraft. That protoss walker is the exact same thing from the war of the worlds movie or whatever its called.

This game has been a joke so far, lets hope they do something better with the Zerg.

Around the Network

Yeah it looks amazing, and Blizzard is one of the greatest development companies in the history of gaming. IMO the top 3 (all tied in my book) are Blizzard, Valve, and Nintendo. As far as success goes Nintendo and Blizzard have had more effect on the industry but valve does make amazing games.

I can't wait for Starcraft 2. If blizzard ever made World of Starcraft I may sell my soul to them and just get it over with.

Warlord_ said:
The game does look like fun but nothing really new or amazing. During the video's they keep saying new this and new that but the units are nothing new, all they did is change the name, that air ship that tranforms into a goliath lol, and that thor thing looks like crap, all the terran units and buildings are all just boxes, one would think they could of added more to the game after 10 years or whatever its been since the original starcraft. That protoss walker is the exact same thing from the war of the worlds movie or whatever its called.

This game has been a joke so far, lets hope they do something better with the Zerg.

You have no appreciation for quality.  What the hell are you judging this game on?  Starcraft is the greatest RTS of all time and Blizzard is one of the greatest developers of all time.  Everything points to this game being something truly amazing.

IMO, its also the greatest PC game.

naznatips said:
Warlord_ said:

You have no appreciation for quality.  What the hell are you judging this game on?  Starcraft is the greatest RTS of all time and Blizzard is one of the greatest developers of all time.  Everything points to this game being something truly amazing.

I'm judging this game on all rts games that have come out, this game is nothing amazing and only slightly better then the original.  Starcraft one is judged way to high in the rts community, the game is old and boring and shows it.  The original starcraft might of been good when it game out 10 years ago, but not now.

Around the Network
daggy said:
ssj12 said:
Blizzard is the highest profiled company in gaming? since when? they are only known by 9 million people due to WoW which contains 90% of their old fanbase they had before then.

I'd say Epic or Valve or ID Soft are by far more acclaimed for that title.

And no I doubt Starcraft 2 is PC's saving grace as there is nothing to save PC gaming still the largest platform for gaming.

It's not only known for WoW... it's clear you don't know much about PC gaming:

Warcraft 1, 2 & 3: over 19 million sold, with Warcraft 3 selling the most (W3 had 4.5 million units preordered before it's release)

Diablo 1 & 2: over 17 million sold, with Diablo 2 selling the most

Starcraft: ~10 million sold

WoW: 9 million active users

Ever heard of Battle.net?

No offense, but Epic or Valve are nowhere near Blizzard, and though I have much respect for ID, in terms of recent success (artisticaly and financially) they aren't doing justice of their past, and Doom 3 was a let-down Imo.

If it's not the highest profiled, then it is one of the highest.

I own Starcraft, WC3, and both Diablos. I know their games. Not a huge amount of fans still play the older WC games.

Anyone have any clue the sales numbers for the unreal franchise?  

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

heh aha the first pc troller

while HE doesn't think starcraft isn't anything special, the vast majority of professional players disagree with SC being one of the premiere games featured in professional matches due to the balance and quality of the title.

i will GUARANTEE that if they opened preorders for starcraft 2 they would have WELL over 5 million pre-orders.....minimum possibly as many as 10 million

game best sellers- from wikipedia
order from 1 to 6
sims 16 million
sims2 13 million
starcraft 9.5million
world of warcraft 9 million +
half life 8 million
myst 6 million

other notables

half life 2 4 million (excluding steam sales)
warcraft 3 3 million
diablo 2 1.7 million
unreal tournament - 1 million
unreal 1 million

What would actually save PC gaming are $50 high-end upgrades.

Just think if you could get a X6850 and 8800GTX for $100.

it's about damn time blizzard stopped making games that only require you to put in loads of time, and made a game that actually takes skill. Have been waiting for something like this since warcraft 3 came out.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X