By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Games that you think will fail to turn a profit.

ssj12 said:
You know im going to laugh when DMC4 fails on the 360 and not the PS3.

You got my interest ss. Why do you think that?

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network

hmm I thought that capcom said that that game had sold 750k

My dog is way beyond my ranking list than you.

Din Apekatt  

stof said:
ssj12 said:

Because most 360 fans are shooter fans, pulling a quick number out of the air it would seem roughly 65% of all 360 games are shooters. PS2/PS3/Wii fans are into hack and slash/ action adventure game then Xbox fans have ever been. I dont see that theres enough people owning the 360 thats as interested in DMC then PS3 as the DMC franchise was originally a PlayStation franchise.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

I think my predictions from the first post have come true. I don't think Stranglehold, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, and Endless Ocean have turned profits.

I see three games not turning a profit in the immediate future:

1. Lair
2. Lair
3. Lair

I never get tired of ripping on that game. I wonder how long it will last before I lose interest.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network
ssj12 said:
stof said:
ssj12 said:

Because most 360 fans are shooter fans, pulling a quick number out of the air it would seem roughly 65% of all 360 games are shooters. PS2/PS3/Wii fans are into hack and slash/ action adventure game then Xbox fans have ever been. I dont see that theres enough people owning the 360 thats as interested in DMC then PS3 as the DMC franchise was originally a PlayStation franchise.

You never know.....Some of the ps2 fans probably switched over to the 360 awhile ago.

^^^ Wow, this is my 200th post on this site!   

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY

ssj12 said:
stof said:
ssj12 said:

360 has 12 games that aren't shooters and are million sellers. PS3 has 1. The shooter statistic just isn't true this generation.

Back on topic, I would guess Army of Two is probably going to have a hard time recovering production costs. I hear some good things about it, but there really isn't much buzz for the game. 

Halo 3 (promotion cost so much they need to sell 15 million copies  to break even) *running away*

I don't think MGS4 will have a hard time making a profit on the PS3 alone. Most of the early adoptors are die hard Sony fans and guessing they are hardcore gamers as well. Even if only half of the install base now purchases MGS4, that would be more than enough to make it lucrative.

Wii Code 8761-5941-4718-0078 

Dewy's adventure. only 6k sales it got in japan. It wont get more then 55,000 in america imo. I think Konami is going to lose alot of money on that title.