By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Midway Are 50 Days Away From Bankruptcy

Poor Midway. They sure ain't what they used to be. From arcade powerhouse to third-rate console publisher, today it's been revealed the company are now facing a new low.

An SEC filing uncovered by Variety shows the company have 50 days to settle their outstanding debts. Debts that, as of today, stand at $150 million. Pity Midway don't have that kind of money.

As it stands, they have a pinch over $10 million. So, no, over the next 49 days they will not be repaying their debts. Which means they'll have to look at alternate options.

Those options basically entail getting advisory company Lazard to help them out. If Lazard can't perform a miracle, well, Midway will have to declare bankruptcy.

In this day and age, that won't mean the end of Midway, but it definitely doesn't help things.

http://kotaku.com/5102225/midway-are-50-days-away-from-bankruptcy

Around the Network

Even Game Party couldn't save them I guess. Actually this is a bit depressing to me since Midway is based in Chicago, where I'm from, and I do have a lot of positive memories about several of their games.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

That's sad. Midway was a historic name in gaming. But it's not like we couldn't see this coming. Remember Blacksite: Area 51?

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

I guess I can stop waiting for a good new Rampage game...

Well, they did it to themselves. You can only churn out crap for so long.

Well. Bankruptcy is not the end these days.

@ stof What was Blacksite: Area 51. I don't remember it.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network
stof said:
That's sad. Midway was a historic name in gaming. But it's not like we couldn't see this coming. Remember Blacksite: Area 51?

eek. I try not to

@badgenome:

"Well, they did it to themselves. You can only churn out crap for so long"

I'm so not going to stir that particular nest of vipers lol

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

amp316 said:

Point proven. o_O

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

bye bye Midway it was nice having you!

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!

bet with *no one yet* that the combined first week of Monster Hunter 3 in america and europe will be 600k or more! winner changes looser sig and avatar for two months!

darn..NHL Hitz Pro was the most fun i had from a Midway game. I wish they made another one for PS3/Xbox360 before they go out.

amp316 said:

Actually it very well could be. The credit freeze caused by the economic crisis means that securing reorganizational funds after bankruptcy is not a gurantee. It's the reason the Big Three automakers are trying to get loans from the US government. They can't get them from banks.