By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Midway Are 50 Days Away From Bankruptcy

^^^I hope so. I hate when old companies fade away.

Around the Network

EA might buy them. They seem quite similar.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

Yeah, EA is a more logical choice. It wouldn't even offend me like some of EA's other purchases. And then, we'd still get the multi-plats!

50 days......enough time for Midway to release their company saving epic (a'la Square and Final Fantasy)? Nope. But one can dream!

Maybe they could release Wheelman: Chapter 1.

If MS did buy them, would they pull all Midway PS3/Wii games from the shelves?

Around the Network
Darc Requiem said:
disolitude said:
another publsiher eaten up by HD gaming. Not like they didnt try... Stranglehold was a bold effort and that totally tanked for some reason.

They should have been making arcade like titles instead.

Yeah Stranglehold was actually fun. Unfortunately it was released against heavy competition. A lot of publishers are going to falter because they've put just about all their eggs in the low margin HD basket. The higher development costs and the smaller userbase leaves little margin for error. I wonder who will get all of Midway's IPs. Given the surpising quality of MK vs DC, someone will probably snatch up Boon and Co. do create a sequel.

Yeah, I don't think Boon and Co. will need to wait for new work offers. They have usually delivered very good games...

Mistershine said:

What would be the point? that would only serve to lower their profits off those titles.

d21lewis said:
Yeah, EA is a more logical choice. It wouldn't even offend me like some of EA's other purchases. And then, we'd still get the multi-plats!

Yeah and then we can get Mortal Kombat 2009, Mortal Kombat 2010, Mortal Kombat Undercover :D

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Dallinor said:
Mistershine said:

What would be the point? that would only serve to lower their profits off those titles.

For the same reason you don't see Halo on the PS3 or GT5 on the 360.

thats competition. The best publishers rise to the top and the worst.. Well we all know what will happen!