By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Midway Are 50 Days Away From Bankruptcy

There was actually a sliver of hope for them with Nintendo, looking at the Touchmaster and Game Party series. Given the chance, they could have clawed their way back. Sadly they won't have that opportunity. Hopefully a big company can buy them up and help them make their old series great again (not that this often happens).

Around the Network

NeoRatt said:
Fiscal reality is setting in...

Expect a bunch of companies to hit the skids over the next year or two. There are a lot of companies that have spent AAA dollars on games and haven't seen a return on the investment.

I expect this is only the beginning of a trend for many more companies. Their IPs will be picked up dirt cheap by one of the big ones (EA, Activision / Blizzard / Ubisoft) and live on somehow. It takes a lot of credit to build games, and that belt is being tightened.

My sentiments exactly. Midway is just one company in a long line of companies coming up that will "bite the dust".

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Midway lost a lot of money off of the TNA Impact game. I feel bad for them and hope things will look up for them.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

why doesn't somebody buy Midway like Sony or Microsoft.

Around the Network
stof said:
That's sad. Midway was a historic name in gaming. But it's not like we couldn't see this coming. Remember Blacksite: Area 51?

You have no idea how much I wanted that game to be good. I loved the original Area 51, and even managed to hype my friends for Blacksite.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Now, who's going to buy them out. And this, my friends, is the real destruction of gaming haha.

This is a very sad state of affairs. I think the truth is if they were better managed and did not spend so much money on games (like strangle hold, and i am sorry that was a crappy version of the max pain game mechanics, IMO), they probably would not have been worse off.

HD development is very expensive, so while i do think they should put some energy in that, they should also have put the same energy in creating more quality Wii, DS and PSP content, because you really do not have to sell that many units to start breaking even. But to be fair i am pretty sure this whole economic situation is not helping either

It saddens me that we will probably see this happen with a lot of other companies. Hopefully they can be saved by the bigger companies, but in todays economic market i somehow doubt it. Oh well i guess we will see.

Nintendo & Sony Supporter

Currently own- DS, PSP, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, PS3 DreamCast.

Man i have too many consoles..... 

Quotes to live by!

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing"- Helen Keller

"i am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward"-Thomas Edison

"Man is not the creature of circumstancesCircumstances are the creatures of men"

Sad day, I enjoyed midway's games.