By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why is the Inferior Wii So Popular?

Why? Thats what everyone in this thread have said, have you not read the posts, heck even the mods

mM
Around the Network

such a long explanation for such a simple question.

The reason its so popular is because it REVOLUTIONARY not EVOLUTIONARY

hello how are you.

leo-j said:

Why? Thats what everyone in this thread have said, have you not read the posts, heck even the mods

Sarcasm.

Soriku, thats not my catch phrase its nintendo's...

mM

No its an experience, you just dont play wii, you experience it.

mM
Around the Network

If processing power was the most important factor to making a successful system why was the Gameboy one of the most popular systems of all time?

The truth is there are hundreds of factors that lead to one system being more popular than the other, and ultimately the most successful systems were the right console at the right time. What makes the Wii the right system for this generation is open to debate but I personally think that a lot of what most gamers really enjoyed about playing videogames was lost in the endless pursuit of better graphics, online-multiplayer, and more complicated gameplay.

Grampy said:
NOTICE TO ALL FRUSTRATED AND UNHAPPY HD FANBOYS:

I know it upsets you a lot that the sales figures just refuse to confirm your particular view of reality. Well here's my advice:

GET OVER IT! GROW UP! MOVE ON!

YEA WE GET IT, YOUR TOY IS FAR SUPERIOR TO OUR TOY AND YOU JUST CAN'T BELIEVE THAT WE DON'T SEE THE ERROR OF OUR WAYS AND CONFIRM YOUR WISDOM AND GOOD TASTE.

THAT'S JUST THE WAY THE WORLD WORKS SOMETIMES!

SO PLEASE JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP AND GO PLAY GTA AND WE'LL GO PLAY MARIO KARTS AND WE WON'T HAVE TO SIT THROUGH THE 10,000TH PATHETIC TANTRUM AND HISSY FIT BECAUSE WE REFUSE TO SEE THAT YOUR TOY IS BETTER THAN OUR TOY!

BIG DAMN DEAL! JUST GET A LIFE AND QUIT SUFFERING SO MUCH ANGST OVER A FRIGGING GAME -GET IT GAME! AS IN NOT THIS IMPORTANT.

Calm down Gramps.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

arsenicazure said:

bdbdbd said:
@arsenicazure: By stating the obvious, that the non-gaming related online doesn't interest gamers, you actually are explaining where PS3 fails hard, since it can be extended outside online. By the way, why did you mention the in-game voice/text chat? It's not a gaming feature and therefore people aren't interested in it.

As for Wiis online, Wii has a different approach than the competition. When there's 360 online and 360 offline, PS3 online and PS3 offline, the same split doesn't work with Wii, there's no Wii online or Wii offline, there's only Wii. As someone stated, it's seamless experience. And don't forget WiiConnect24.

As for the HDTV:s, was that the number of them in the kids rooms? That's where the majority of the consoles have traditionally ended. And the same goes for audio systems.

PS3 has a number of extra functionalities, but they're something that increases the cost of the console, Wiis functionalities are what could be added without additional cost and Wiis functionalities have a more "purposeful" perception.

OK.. now what extra functionalities are we talking of.. the ps3 is easily the console with the most extra "value" quotient. What are these added functionalities on the wii and the added costs?

last i check the classic gamepad,wii motion plus, wii fit(balance board) all cost money right oh yea and a wii broadband adapter too oh and a component cable too

thats easily over $300 in " added extra functionalities that cost" kinda bringing it in line/ and over the cost of a ps3

I'm going to ignore the fact that you don't need a classic gamepad, you can't buy WMP yet, Wii Fit is an entirely separate game which no one is required to buy, and that you're blowing it all out of proportion just to say this:

The Wii has wireless right out of the box, just like the PS3. It can't go wired.

And it doesn't need a component cable unless you have an HDTV, in which case you can afford a component cable.

Give a troll a website to write on and he's not a troll he becomes a journalist and his work is journalism! Brilliant!

Really no sarcasm there....

just saying...

leaving now I'll see myself out >_>

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

That "article" just destroyed lilke 1 million of my neurons