By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Dragon Quest IX ....on my Wii?

@ maxwell

isn't he called trollian?...

oh..shi....sorry torillian XD

Around the Network
MaxwellGT2000 said:
How is it a bad thing to have a good game put on Wii? No matter the graphical difference, really like Deathcape said many of us still play old school SNES games on our much more powerful systems like the DS.

And you must have missed all the points Trestres said of how SE hates Wii because of things like this and will only bring 3rd parties porting DS games basically claiming what he's been claiming for the past year when it's been nothing but trolling.

So my question is why are you supporting his trolling?

well aren't you on the warpath.  Supporting his trolling?  I am asking a question on why his way of thinking is false.  You seem bent on what you perceive of Tres without actually looking at the point he's making.  I don't give a crap about his intentions or the BS about SE hating Wii, and I never said anything about that.  What I am saying is that the thought that a DS port is not as good as a game made for the Wii is understandable.  I think one would always prefer a full Wii game. 

Please do your best to just answer the question at hand without acusing me of anything Max.....makes for better discussions that way.

@Deathcape

So it's more of a glass half full or glass half empty idea?  I understand that upgrading a game from the DS would be difficult, it just seems that those happy about the idea are ones who think it's better than nothing and those dissapointed are thinking it's worse than a dedicated Wii game.  again, glass half full or empty depending on how you want to look at it.

Certainly one would always prefer a game made for the Wii. I would put forth that if this were anything other than Dragon Quest (or an equivalent JRPG) this would actually be a fair amount of horse pucky.

But JRPGs in general and Dragon Quest in particular are judged along different value metrics as compared to other games. Dragon Quest is just Dragon Quest - you're going to get basically the same experience out of it regardless of how it looks and sounds. I'm excited by the possibility of playing DQIX on my Wii (especially if I can use my DS as a controller, how fly would that be) because it's Dragon Quest. I could not give one good rat's butt about the fact that it's effectively a DS game.

Is it lazy of Square? Yes. Yes it is.

Will that make my experience worse? Not really.

Well that would be a huge announcement. Although I doubt it'll happen. I mean it's not like they need to start more development on Wii with that game to make more profits considering they'll get loads from the DS version but yea. I'll stay pretty skeptical about that.

@ Torillian

indeed..ofcourse we'd love a full Wii game over a port

honestly..besides the Wii line..what other true Wii games have we seen?

not many SMG, SSBB, LoZTP, MP3 were ALL in production before the devs knew it would use motion controls..and were then PORTED over with minor changes..and mostly graphical

some exceptions..like MP3...since it IS an FP action game..the controls stand out the most..as for the rest?....

honesly..there aren't many true Wii games yet..as you heard..Nintendo JUST started themselves: next Zelda, Mario, Pikmin etc

we can already SEE a great Wii game coming from Nintendo: Punch Out

but honestly...FFCC:CB is coming..why not play FFCC:MlaaK?

that is a true Wii game..from SE too..so *shrugs* I think some people overreact

1. if it's only for DS: "SE!! stop hogging DS, give Wii some luv!"

2. it's ported to try and fill the gap:"Damn you SE!! we don't want ports!"

Around the Network

@Trestres

Dude you keep this up and Soriku may muder your wall again, last time I made a wall post before he raped it I had to go to the 2nd page to find what I had typed.

Just be happy there are options.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Torillian said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
How is it a bad thing to have a good game put on Wii? No matter the graphical difference, really like Deathcape said many of us still play old school SNES games on our much more powerful systems like the DS.

And you must have missed all the points Trestres said of how SE hates Wii because of things like this and will only bring 3rd parties porting DS games basically claiming what he's been claiming for the past year when it's been nothing but trolling.

So my question is why are you supporting his trolling?

well aren't you on the warpath.  Supporting his trolling?  I am asking a question on why his way of thinking is false.  You seem bent on what you perceive of Tres without actually looking at the point he's making.  I don't give a crap about his intentions or the BS about SE hating Wii, and I never said anything about that.  What I am saying is that the thought that a DS port is not as good as a game made for the Wii is understandable.  I think one would always prefer a full Wii game. 

Please do your best to just answer the question at hand without acusing me of anything Max.....makes for better discussions that way.

I'm on no war path or anything of the sort, it gets rather annoying when a thread on a Wii game is posted, trestres trolls it with obsurd claims. I know the point he tries to make but have you seen his claims of things that are flat out not true?  Which is trolling... and my point was that it really doesn't matter about graphics when a game is just flat out good, so why complain a good game is coming to Wii?  Deathcape makes the point that if this rumor is true the game would have to be delayed for months to make improvements and everything.  But really this is EGM we're talking about one of the least credible sources in gaming ever...

Trestres has a false way of thinking cause he totally ignores any quality coming to the Wii and 90% of his posts are nothing but flase claims and ways to turn positives into negatives, I have nothing against a nice debate but at least make a claim that isn't based in "I hate all support for the Wii so I'm going to claim SE hates the Wii when I could never actually know this but I'm going to state it as fact" which is like it or not trolling... And has no place on the forums when you yourself want a debate...

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Torillian said:
I really don't see how Disgaea 3 means Tres is wrong. It may be possible on the DS, but it isn't a port from said console. That is what he is annoyed at. He wants the Wii to get games specifically made for it, not just ports from other consoles made specifically for other consoles and then ported over to the Wii to take advantage of its userbase.

How is that so strange?

The problem is the place Trestres goes with his points. It is never just a port but proof that SE will never release a full game on the Wii. While I would prefer a full game, this system has some really interesting implications. Cross play between people who own different systems is pretty cool. Being able to shift your character from on the go, to on the console is a nifty one. This can be used in all kinds of wonderful way for an ARPG that would be phenomenal. None of this matters to Trestres though. It just bothers him that they aren't releasing perfect games for him on his system of choice.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Hello, people. Check out the source. EGM rumors tend to be bull, didn't SE just debunk one already?

All this drama and for what? I mean of course trestres is going to be here, he needs something SE related to troll. But everyone else? There's little reason to even acknolwedge this.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

ClaudeLv250 said:
Hello, people. Check out the source. EGM rumors tend to be bull, didn't SE just debunk one already?

All this drama and for what? I mean of course trestres is going to be here, he needs something SE related to troll. But everyone else? There's little reason to even acknolwedge this.

Like debunking the rumor EGM started where FFCC:TCB was cancelled maybe? That Trestres trolled up a storm over but then GoNintendo posted the update where SE said it's still in production...

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000