By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Dragon Quest IX ....on my Wii?

MaxwellGT2000 said:
deathgod33 said:
trestres said:
@Maxwell: I'm still trying to figure out the true part about the SE statement where they said that they will be supporting all consoles equally. Guess that if you count DS ports as good support, then it might be true.

i agree with you, there is not truthfulness in Square's statement about "treating each console equally". they havent even released a single game for ps3 or wii.

Dragon Quest Sword says HAI!

Also if VC is considdered support then they've had a couple of VC games.

Don't forget wiiware!

Around the Network

Uhm no Disgaea 1 and 2 on the PS2 could easily be done on DS just like the Disgaea 1 port that was done, even has all the voice acting and more added to it, I played Disgaea 3 it's much more of the same game though a great game it could be done on DS all the same...

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

izaaz101 said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
deathgod33 said:
trestres said:
@Maxwell: I'm still trying to figure out the true part about the SE statement where they said that they will be supporting all consoles equally. Guess that if you count DS ports as good support, then it might be true.

i agree with you, there is not truthfulness in Square's statement about "treating each console equally". they havent even released a single game for ps3 or wii.

Don't forget wiiware!

Ah I often mean VC and WW as the same thing so I just say VC but yes WW has that support.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

izaaz101 said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
deathgod33 said:
trestres said:

Don't forget wiiware!

Or that chocobo game  ;)

OP:  I hope this is true.  I would rather play it on a big screen.  I hope someone makes a way for u to play DS games on TV, that would be so awesome.

Legend of Zelda TP is not quality support form 1st party devs!!
it's just a stupid GC port..same load times..same game..not ana ctual wii control setup..damn Nintendo!

they should know how to make a Wii game!
[/trestres]

Around the Network

Dont get your hopes up.
EGM rumors NEVER come true. And some of his rumors are confirmed/obvious by the time its printed.

LMAO @ deathcape nice one indeed.

I really don't see how Disgaea 3 means Tres is wrong. It may be possible on the DS, but it isn't a port from said console. That is what he is annoyed at. He wants the Wii to get games specifically made for it, not just ports from other consoles made specifically for other consoles and then ported over to the Wii to take advantage of its userbase.

How is that so strange?

How is it a bad thing to have a good game put on Wii? No matter the graphical difference, really like Deathcape said many of us still play old school SNES games on our much more powerful systems like the DS.

And you must have missed all the points Trestres said of how SE hates Wii because of things like this and will only bring 3rd parties porting DS games basically claiming what he's been claiming for the past year when it's been nothing but trolling.

So my question is why are you supporting his trolling?

@Torillian

his opinion is right..it's the motives that are baseless:
Square put CB on hold because they thought Wii would bomb..what happens?
they shift more to DS..Wii is doing great..best way to fill the gap?

port some DS games

I understand..it's fun that I can play online with my Wii AND DS friends at the same time in the same game..

I guess you all want the game too have a graphical update..but increasing polygons and pixels won't change that the game IS a DS game..

so the floor will still be deceptively flat....and animations won't be as fluid.

since the game is STILL connected to the DS

I'm sorry..but I fail to see how SE is going to fix this problem in a few months while we know these games were in the works at least 1 year before release..

both big games (FFCC and DQ, DQ being HUGE)

the port is more like a gift: more people can play

I don't think you can fathom how much work it would take to suddenly up graphics, sound, animation, texture and all..in what? a month?