By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Dragon Quest IX ....on my Wii?

From 1up

Last month we learned exactly how the connectivity between the Wii and DS would work in the upcoming Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time, but if the latest rumor from Quartermann in the the January issue of EGM is to be believed, Square Enix will not stop there with the new technology. Our favorite gossip master has heard that the RPG giant will be bringing Dragon Quest IX: Protectors of the Starry Sky to the Wii as well as the DS.

While Dragon Quest IX being announced for the DS rather than a home console was a big enough surprise in the first place, fans of the long-running series were even more shocked to discover that this latest entry will sport faster-paced gameplay and a surprising MMO-lite option to play with up to four friends. Assuming this multiplayer mode works similarly to the DS-and-Wii-linking Echoes of Time, it makes sense that Square would bring DQIX to the console as well. The only question that remains is whether or not the Wii port will receive a graphical upgrade -- the Wii and DS versions of the new Crystal Chronicles are going to be identical, after all. Hopefully Square will confirm this news soon and give us more details.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3171621

Well Echoes of time really need a graphic update on the Wii.... but this Dragon Quest IX thing could be interesting.

Around the Network

That would be huge!

Monster Hunter + Dragon Quest = Kingdom Hearts

BengaBenga said:
That would be huge!

You couldn't resist could you?  Trolling such an innocent thread, shame on you Benga

largedarryl said:
BengaBenga said:
That would be huge!

You couldn't resist could you?  Trolling such an innocent thread, shame on you Benga

I'm wondering what would happen if we add a Pokemon MMO to the mix?

OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE SE!

all your wrongs will be forgiven if you do this!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

Wow... wouldn't THAT be a surprise! :0

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

That's incredible! Please, let this be true. I will die..

3DS FC: 1306 6473 7511

Nintendod Network ID: xsorenx

Add me for Pokemon, New Leaf, and Fire Emblem, Mario Kart 8.

XDDD LOLOLOL @ BengaBenga

I agree!! ur theory pewns XD

also..NO at OP..>_>

they do NOT need graphical upgrades..it's really difficult to reprogram it all just to make it look pretty

the game looks fine on DS..why the HELL would it look bad on TV?

it's like people playing their PSP games on TV...they don't NEED upgrades..lol

the games will both be great...

Well, if the game uses the Wii's technical aspects it could be a very good move, but if it's another DS port, I can't understand how you people think this is huge news.

Makes absolutely zero sense to release a DS game on the Wii (Wait they already plan on doing so). It's pretty clear that if the DS port of this game ends up being a reality, that SE adopted a new strategy. PSP exclusive games, PS3/360 multiplat and DS/Wii multiplat, with DS being the lead platform and Wii getting the ports.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

That would be great!

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||