By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Dragon Quest IX ....on my Wii?

huh?! FFCC isn't just a port Tres...you emo

it uses the Wiimote..you have two screens on your TV and you aim instead of use the stylus..

didn't you know?

Around the Network

Wow.

That's a potential Megaton.

Did anyone hear Japan sink beneath the waves?

awesome, hope its true. then another game for me to get on the wii.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

deathcape said:
huh?! FFCC isn't just a port Tres...you emo

it uses the Wiimote..you have two screens on your TV and you aim instead of use the stylus..

didn't you know?

I am confused here. Are you trying to say he is right or wrong? I see you insult him, but then you go on to pretty much justify his opinion. It seems SE found a way to turn the Wii into a DS emulator.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

@deathcape: What's the point? It's the exact same game with a different control output. Why the hell has Nintendo made a more powerful home console this gen, to receive N64 quality ports? WTF is wrong with devs this gen when it comes to the Wii?

SE is so lazy and hateful that they are giving the Wii ports from the less powerful console this gen. Who cares if it is DQ or not, the game should be coming to WiiWare instead of getting charged like a new Wii game. I cant understand how you would be happy about this.

Anyways it's EGM, so I wouldnt trust this, I for once hope this rumour is false, if not all that we can expect from SE on the Wii are ports from the DS.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network
trestres said:
@deathcape: What's the point? It's the exact same game with a different control output. Why the hell has Nintendo made a more powerful home console this gen, to receive N64 quality ports? WTF is wrong with devs this gen when it comes to the Wii?

See the problem is the control scheme doesn't sound different to me so far. I bet you can only use the pointer on the bottom half of the screen too. It is the exact same controls.

Edit: I also agree that this rumor shouldn't be trusted as EGM doesn't have the best track record. I think it would be interesting if it happened, but thats not really likely. I have, however, thought of changing my stance on all of this based on the fact that it means I have to agree with Trestres.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

@Gnizmo: I know, the game is the exact same game, and I believe it controls like you are saying.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Considering how Crystal Chronicles works...

I don't see there being "two screens" used at all.

What I'd like to see is the option to control the Wii version with your DS, ala the GBA connectivity in the original Crystal Chronicles. I think that would be cool enough to justify a purchase, yessir.

Gnizmo and Tres

indeed he just made it sound like the game doesn't use any Wii fonctionality

it will but just to replace stylus..and yes..no graphical change.

then again..why? it IS a DS game.. the console version is an OPTION

so, don't like it? don't buy it..if you can play it on your damn DS and it's good..and not on the Wii..yes you can play freaking VC games..

I don't know what to think of you anymore..I played Super Metroid on a console..
this gen too..so..I have no problem..what's everyone's obsessions with graphics?
all they are needed for is to depict your environment and character(s) and have nice effects

hell..I'm playing a SNES port on my DS now..Chrono Trigger

I don't complain..it could have been remade in FULL 3D, better music etc etc etc

but the game is already good..investing MORE time AND MONEY into the exact same game..with better graphics..means a delay..and less profit

sorry...Square won't do it..and I understand why

and also: it doesn't bother me, since the games were meant to be DS games anyway

i think id prefer a 'very good' wii exlsuive DQ game

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia