By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Kingdom hearts 2 producer, interested in the xbox 360

Isn't well, Live community bad due to all the 12-year olds? I wonder, does that have sway in demographics discussion?

The only titles I can recall that have been released so far for the 360 is a MS owned one and a timed exclusive. Not to far ahead so far of the others, Wii hasn't been getting a lot either. Then again, SE really hasn't released many titles yet. They can't make much of an impact without releasing their big guns...

flames_of - "I think you're confusing Bush with Chuck Norris."

Wii: 80-85 Million end of 2009 (1.1.09)

Around the Network

@shadowblind: I really doubt SE can profit from the 360 games judging by the sales. All of them sold pretty terrible, they use maybe moneyhats or quick money from the ports and remakes the DS gets.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

trestres said:
@superbeast: No, I mean that they will go bankrupt in a near future for their stubborn and hateful decisions.

unfortunately, Wada is too stupid to realize that.  I've said this many times but I prefer Atlus over them. it's a shame to see one Japan's cultural Icons fall so low.

haha now i think am lucky :)

superbeast1370 said:
trestres said:
@superbeast: No, I mean that they will go bankrupt in a near future for their stubborn and hateful decisions.

unfortunately, Wada is too stupid to realize that.  I've said this many times but I prefer Atlus over them. it's a shame to see one Japan's cultural Icons fall so low.

ps3 needs a persona game and japan will love them all over again, square is becoming quite stupid this gen, i prefer atlus over them too

Around the Network

Leo,

The same question could be asked about Microsoft and Sony. However, I will answer your question. Nintendo has developed a number of games based on Disney Characters for their portable consoles.

Also, Disney is using modified DS units for the Disney Magic Connection, which is a Wi-Fi-enabled interactive guide, map and informational tool for guests attending the park. The software offers an interactive map of the Magic Kingdom, with guides to various "park offerings" including rides and dining locations, meet-and-greet locations for characters, and a wishlist checklist that allows you to mark off attractions after they've been visited. It also appears that the map will give "you are here" information, presumably by figuring out the Wi-Fi access point to which your DS is connected.

Supposedly, while in line waiting for an attraction, themed games will be unlocked. This feature may or may not be present yet.

More importantly though, The Mario Universe and the Magic Kingdom fit together perfectly.

If Nintendo is successful at the moment, it’s because they are good, and I cannot blame them for that. What we should do is try to be just as good.----Laurent Benadiba

trestres said:
@shadowblind: I really doubt SE can profit from the 360 games judging by the sales. All of them sold pretty terrible, they use maybe moneyhats or quick money from the ports and remakes the DS gets.

SE can profit from 360 games. The problem is that they're throwing the rough equivilent of Radiata Stories at the X360 rather than the beefier ones. Lets wait to see how Star Ocean: TLH does before making proper judgements.

Now, there are a few reasons that KH3 could be considered a viable option on the Xbox 360. I'm not arguing it as the best, or most obvious one (I'd think that KH going to all 3 systems would be the most advantageous):

• Development Costs. They're going to be cheaper than making the game for Playstation 3. More expensive than the Wii, but the game would have far more features, and factors in to other points further down.
  • Install Base. Kingdom Hearts is primarily an American-driven franchise. Quite possibly the most American franchise Square has ever had. Fitting that's also the X360's best region, no?
  • Live Intergration. Since KH characters, and settings are based heavily off of Disney movies, it's only fitting that they intergrate "hey, get this movie off of Netflix, or rent it from the marketplace" for extra cash.
  • Downloadable Content. Along with the whole live intergration bit, DLC could be huge for a game like KH3. Guess which system has the most robust DLC system out there?
  • 3rd Party Support. Of the 3 companies, which one has been the best for 3rd parties this generation? Lets face it: Only Microsoft has aggressively pursued 3rd parties. 
  • Spin-Offs. Even if a mainline KH game came to the X360, it'd be very plausible that other systems would get big KH-esque spinoffs in the future. Furthermore, XBLA would be a great place for SE and Disney to lay claim to bigger, better profits. While Square can say that FF:CC MLAK has done well, the fact is a game like Castle Crashers (which has less overall pedigree than a Final Fantasy game on a DLC system) has sold just as well as FF:CC, but in half the time.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

apple swoops in with the powr of jobs on the disney board and puts the next KH on the iphone

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

kunaixhaku said:
superbeast1370 said:
trestres said:

ps3 needs a persona game and japan will love them all over again, square is becoming quite stupid this gen, i prefer atlus over them too

wow, I'm glad I'm not the oly one.  when I beat XII, I was like...."I wasted 100 hours of my life just for this S***"  while Persona 3 (and FES) were well worth those 80 hours.

superbeast1370 said:
kunaixhaku said:
superbeast1370 said:
trestres said:

wow, I'm glad I'm not the oly one.  when I beat XII, I was like...."I wasted 100 hours of my life just for this S***"  while Persona 3 (and FES) were well worth those 80 hours.

GGHHKK-