By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Kingdom hearts 2 producer, interested in the xbox 360

Soriku what does disney have in common with nintendo?

Because as far as I can see not one disney game has sold well on the Wii..

mM
Around the Network

Kingdom heart 3 for X360??? mmm interesting

@leo: Disney games sell the best on the Wii and DS, there's no other way around it. They even got a 1 million seller on the Wii. The problem is that SE are the one making the game, so it's not gonna end up on the Wii and most probably neither on the PS3. 360 looks like the only choice so far.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

i've invested too much in a ps3 already, if i don't see a change in sony next year i'll have to considering purchasing a 360.

leo-j said:
Khuutra said:
leo-j said:
Like disney can stop microsoft from acquring an Ip.

Yeah, they can.

Do you have any idea how powerful Disney really is?

Do you have any idea on how powerful microsoft is?

Well according to the Fortune 500 in biggest companies MS ranks 136 while Disney ranks 207. But the revenues are closer as MS earned about $51 billion last year while Disney earned about $35 billion last year. Just as a side note Wal Mart made about $387 billion just to show you that as powerful as we think these guys are its nothing compared to them.

Anyways this means that MS probably has little effect on Disney. They are not twice the size of the company nor could any money they throw at Disney really effect them. Meaning MS would have no way ever of buying the property from them nor could they moneyhat them like they do to Square. MS is going to have to earn this one if they want it.

Around the Network
trestres said:
It seems like the decision SE would take. They hate the Wii plus they aren't willing to support the PS3 either as of late, with no new games announced since 2006.

Looks like SE is betting all their money on the 360, hence the bankrupcy.

I say KH3 will be announced for the 360 at this Jump Festa.

you mean this?

http://www.psu.com/Japan--Square-Enix-2008-unit-sales-down-74--News--a0005548-p0.php

trestres said:
@leo: Disney games sell the best on the Wii and DS, there's no other way around it. They even got a 1 million seller on the Wii. The problem is that SE are the one making the game, so it's not gonna end up on the Wii and most probably neither on the PS3. 360 looks like the only choice so far.

I think leo's main point is that the Disney games that have sold so well on the  Wii haven't exactly been the, um, "Japanese anime-disney-cartoon crossover type", or in simpler terms, JRPGs. Hannah Montana and whatever else has sold bajillions of copies on the Wii by Disney may not sell the same as a Japanese Role Playing game might. Who knows, what JRPGs have been released on the Wii so far in NA, besides ToS:DotNW?

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

@superbeast: No, I mean that they will go bankrupt in a near future for their stubborn and hateful decisions.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

@tretres

If Microsoft funds them continuously I doubt it

mM
trestres said:
@superbeast: No, I mean that they will go bankrupt in a near future for their stubborn and hateful decisions.

Not really. If everyone's equally hateful theories that Microsoft moneyhatted ZOMG THEY STEEL TEH GAMEZ BY BUYING TEH SQUAREZ all the JRPGs, then Square is rolling in the dough regardless of how well the games did. And....yeah....most of those games on the list were for DS.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.