By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Black Friday NA SALES UP!!

sinha said:
ssj12 said:

it feels like the PS3 is under tracked.... even i will state that this time... but I;ll wait for the NPD Group to confirm that. And yes if the PS3 is under tracked so is the 360.

The next time I see vgchartz hardware numbers and someone doesn't claim the PS3 is undertracked (despite providing no evidence to support their claim)...

My guess is both gadgets might be overtracked a little. Didn't MS recently announce that they shipped ("sold") 25M XBoxes by end of November?  If we look at the 24.3M figure on the front page, I have a very hard time believing that at this time (it _is_ shop stuffing time now) there are only 700k unsold XBoxes floating around. (Shops here in Switzerland are still stacking XBoxes with manufacturing weeks 28 and 32 ID labels....)

Around the Network
Pristine20 said:
360 didn't win ps3 3:1 after all

I wrote this in another thread, it explained that question, and probably this too.

Microsoft said 3:1 for Black Friday alone.

If we say that the other days, there was sold ~ 30K for X360 (27K last week) and 15-20K for Ps3 (13K last week).

Thanksgiving is closed, but as the other days are likely to be higher than last week, that gets evened out.

So, for the 6 non-BF days.

X360: 180K

Ps3: 102K

For BF alone, this leaves

X360: 297K

Ps3: 96K

Which is pretty much exactly 3 times as much.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Rats, Wii is not >1 million in America this week...
Here's hoping for a Christmas miracle!
Oh, Wii up to 48.3%.

Okami

To lavish praise upon this title, the assumption of a common plateau between player and game must be made.  I won't open my unworthy mouth.

Christian (+50).  Arminian(+20). AG adherent(+20). YEC(+20). Pre-tribulation Pre-milleniumist (+10).  Republican (+15) Capitalist (+15).  Pro-Nintendo (+5).  Misc. stances (+30).  TOTAL SCORE: 195
  http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=43870 <---- Fun theology quiz
CrazzyMan said:
PRICE matter during CRISIS,
good for M$ and Nintendo,
not so good fot Sony.

PS3 will enjoy sales ride after pricecut too.

Crazzyman's back! I missed your posts.

And yeah, price matters. I can't speak for logic, but I haven't seen Wiis in stock in months - and the only 360s I've seen are the 60gbs and Elites - and they are vanishing. MS is making kids go nuts with the Kung Fu Panda/Legos bundle. Shoot, I want the games! It's a win-win for MS this go-round. For Sony, they offer Drake, a good game but niche and more storage but no way to play older games. It's interesting the Colonel Stubb's thread how pro-PS3 folks are talking about full BC but for a while told me it didn't matter. Oh, yes it does. When you have a library with good titles but not stellar - tons of niche games and one family game - LBP - and that's it - for $399 and up, you have to have more than brand to move consoles. MS has many more family games (Scene It, Lips, Viva Pinata and the Kung Fu Panda/Legos pack-ins) and a cheap price point. Sony is convinced folks will pay for Blu Ray and the brand, but the sales aren't stellar because folks aren't very wowed enough to pay $400 for a console. $200? You can spend that much paying a bill. $400? That's a car payment - or rent.

sinha said:
ssj12 said:

it feels like the PS3 is under tracked.... even i will state that this time... but I;ll wait for the NPD Group to confirm that. And yes if the PS3 is under tracked so is the 360.

The next time I see vgchartz hardware numbers and someone doesn't claim the PS3 is undertracked (despite providing no evidence to support their claim)...

...will be the first time.

Do you not read enire posts before posting. Reread whats bolded.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network

OMFGGGGG.... >.

^_^

Oyvoyvoyv said:
Pristine20 said:
360 didn't win ps3 3:1 after all

I wrote this in another thread, it explained that question, and probably this too.

Microsoft said 3:1 for Black Friday alone.

If we say that the other days, there was sold ~ 30K for X360 (27K last week) and 15-20K for Ps3 (13K last week).

Thanksgiving is closed, but as the other days are likely to be higher than last week, that gets evened out.

So, for the 6 non-BF days.

X360: 180K

Ps3: 102K

For BF alone, this leaves

X360: 297K

Ps3: 96K

Which is pretty much exactly 3 times as much.

makes sense

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

great sales for wii and ds, truly impressive. 360 very nicely done, and psp pretty good and ps3 decent.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

sinha said:
ssj12 said:

...will be the first time.

I want all PS3 fanboys to APOLOGIZE for LYING to us that PS3 would dominate 2008.

Apologize you LIARS!