By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Prince of Persia's score 93 at Metacritic,whos getting?

It is the sole game on my Christmas list. I want it, but I decided I could wait until then.

Around the Network
polezo said:
BengaBenga said:
I have a feeling PoP will not do so well. I also don't see considerable hype for it. Sad, cause it looks amazing.
There has simply been a storm of amazing games lately.

Don't know if I'll buy it, didn't really like Sands of Time that much and after that I haven't played any.

If Ubisoft markets it as well as they did Assasins Creed and Sands of time, I think it will sell quite well.  I've seen some trailers that dont do the game that much justice, but if they run this TV spot frequently I think it could even do better than AC:

http://kotaku.com/5061310/awesome-new-prince-of-persia-trailer-and-screens

Of course the name recognition for the franchise wont hurt either...

On topic; I can't justify buying it right now, but if I dont get it for xmas I might just have to justify it as an early birthday present.  Its one franchise that I never think will appeal to me, but then when i play it, I love it to death and it ends up being a keeper in the collection.

Ehm, Assassins Creed was hyped well in advance. Prince of Persia is actually out...and unless everything magically missed me I haven't seen major hype for it.

Ive spent way too much money this last two months on games! I really cant afford it. But if i could id get it! It looks really good!

Probably eventually, but not anytime soon.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

BengaBenga said:
I have a feeling PoP will not do so well. I also don't see considerable hype for it. Sad, cause it looks amazing.

Don't know if I'll buy it, didn't really like Sands of Time that much and after that I haven't played any.

I agree with you here. It seems like a very good game, but it will probably sell like Dead Space. (which is okay by the way, but too less for an AAA game)

I'll buy it, because I'm really impressed by those scores.

Around the Network
BengaBenga said:

....You're on the list.

I'm buying this game as soon as I get a 360. I love what Ubisoft has done with this series.

I saw this game in motion, and it became a day 1 purchase for me, which pushed back Valkryia Chronicles, Resistance 2 and LBP (in that order).

I'm getting! My top three most anticipated holiday '08 games were Gears of War 2, Tomb Raider Underworld, and Prince of Persia. Glad to know that PoP is a top tier quality game.

I'm not getting it, seems too easy from the GT review. Might pick it up with a price drop.

I really want to pick up Fallout 3 first, so this title may have to wait. It looks awesome though.