By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Playstation 3's third party support

PS3 and 360 are sharing most 3rd party games so saying it's not getting any games while the 360 is, seems pretty blind to me.

Also don't forget the two biggest 3rd party games from Japan Final Fantasy and MGS 4 that are still PS3 exclusive.

I'm not going to make yet another list to this typical post about how the PS3 has no games. Just go to Gamespot.com, go to the PS3 games list and look it up yourself.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network

Because Crash was Sony's mascot, and Sonic was Sega's mascot, so when I use games to describe systems, I may sometimes relate to Crash, Sonic, or Mario. But that was in the past. When was the last time, before now, that I even mentioned Crash Bandicoot? And you went so far out of your way, to miss the major point of the thread, only to point out something almost meaningless? Even you're obsessing more on Crash than I am now, for if you truly did not care about him, you would not have pointed him out. Please stay on topic, because after you mentioned the Crash Bandicoot thing, others started to mention it to. Crash and Sonic are dead. No need to talk about them any more. I stopped talking about Crash, and Sonic, even though my last Sonic post wasn't too long ago. Anyways, I edit the first post, because apparently, I'm bashing the Playstation 3, even though I am not. I wrote the original post, so if I say I'm not bashing the Playstation 3, than I'm not bashing the Playstation 3. If I did not care about the Playstation 3, I would not be complaining, now wouldn't I? I am not going to return to this thread anymore. It turned into something I did not want it to be.

XboxSoldier12 said:
The problem is PS3's "killer" 3rd party support doesn't sell to most consumers.

And the Wii's does?

You're comparing a system with a much larger install base to another and saying this proves that 3rd party PS3 games aren't selling. But outside of those two launch window games from Ubisoft and Dragon Quest Swords in Japan, the Wii is driven by 1st party games.

The biggest 3rd party PS3 games haven't come out yet, GTA IV was going to be the first really big one and it's been delayed to 08.

Most of the big 3rd party games and franchises are still going to the 360 and PS3, while the Wii has been getting either spinoffs of them, second tier games of those companies or the casual games.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

That's what happens to a lot of threads...you started off on the wrong foot though...you don't really supply any solid facts or lists that show that the PS3 is losing exclusives, compared to 360 or Wii.

The only game you mentioned is Crash Bandicoot.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

a.l.e.x59 said:
Because Crash was Sony's mascot, and Sonic was Sega's mascot, so when I use games to describe systems, I may sometimes relate to Crash, Sonic, or Mario. But that was in the past. When was the last time, before now, that I even mentioned Crash Bandicoot? And you went so far out of your way, to miss the major point of the thread, only to point out something almost meaningless? Even you're obsessing more on Crash than I am now, for if you truly did not care about him, you would not have pointed him out. Please stay on topic, because after you mentioned the Crash Bandicoot thing, others started to mention it to. Crash and Sonic are dead. No need to talk about them any more. I stopped talking about Crash, and Sonic, even though my last Sonic post wasn't too long ago. Anyways, I edit the first post, because apparently, I'm bashing the Playstation 3, even though I am not. I wrote the original post, so if I say I'm not bashing the Playstation 3, than I'm not bashing the Playstation 3. If I did not care about the Playstation 3, I would not be complaining, now wouldn't I? I am not going to return to this thread anymore. It turned into something I did not want it to be.

Sony doesn't need a mascot.  They didn't have one for the PS2 and look what happened.  Seriously, NO ONE CARES about Crash Bandicoot.  The franchise was going sour.  I repeat I am GLAD that Naughty Dog DITCHED the franchise.  They would have wasted development resources that could have been better spent elsewhere.

You don't really bring up any solid examples in your post, which is why you are pissing everybody off. 

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Around the Network

You can buy crash bandicoot on the ps store for $5.99 so they never did abandone it, they are still making money of that ps1 game. The ps2 had no mascot and if it did most people would think of Kratos or snake. The xbox has halo and the GC has mario.

mM

Hint: The PS3 is still a new system. "Killer apps" and "massive 3rd party support" are especially hard to come by at only 8 months into the system's life.

It doesn't help that the PS3 is particularly expensive to develop for in comparison to Wii/PS2.

About this time next year we'll see a little bit more stability in 3rd party support across the board. For now, just be patient.

PS3: 5.51m/51w, avg 108,039/w (up 239)
360: 12.93m/102w, avg 126,764/w (up 625), leads PS3 by 7.42m (up 70k), avg lead 18,725/w (up 386)
Wii: 13.52m/51w, avg 265,098/w (dn 1,102), leads PS3 by 8.01m (up 90k), avg lead 157,059/w (dn 1,341)

If 360 sales stabilize, PS3 sales increases needed to pass 360 by...
01/08: (008w) +875.8%, 04/08: (021w) +344.4%, 07/08: (034w) +219.3%, 10/08: (047w) +163.5%
01/09: (060w) +131.8%, 04/09: (073w) +111.4%, 07/09: (085w) +098.1%, 10/09: (099w) +086.7%
If Wii sales stabilize, PS3 sales increases needed to pass Wii by...
01/08: (008w) +1072.%, 04/08: (021w) +498.4%, 07/08: (034w) +363.4%, 10/08: (047w) +303.1%
01/09: (060w) +269.0%, 04/09: (073w) +246.9%, 07/09: (085w) +232.6%, 10/09: (099w) +220.3%
If PS2 sales freeze, Wii sales increases needed to pass PS2 (as of Mar07, 108.4m) by...
2008: (008w) +4373.8%, 2009: (060w) +0496.5%, 2010: (112w) +0219.6%, 2011: (165w) +0116.9%
2012: (217w) +0064.9%, 2013: (269w) +0033.1%, 2014: (321w) +0011.5%, 2015: (376w) -0004.8%
At +0% it will pass it in 358w, the week ending September 19th, 2014, at an age of 409w (7y44w).
Current age of PS2: 7y37w.

Last update: Week ending November 3, 2007

Think back to when the PS2 launched. How many "Great" 3rd party games were available on the system? Not that many honestly. Then as the system matured, and dev's got good at programming on them, there was an explosion of great AAA 3rd party games on the PS2.

Crash hasn't mattered since the PS1, and besides the first game I haven't bought another one of those games.

Alex, you are just spreading "doom and gloom" and proclaiming that the ps3 will be a failure when it's far too early in it's life to make such a claim. The 3rd party games are coming very soon and things will be good all around for gaming and the PS3.

Get your Portable ID!

My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my charizard.

Ugh, this is just a troll post. Yeah, there is a valid argument that many good PS3 exclusives ended up multiplatform with the 360, but you're really not showing that at all... I think you just posted this to start the flame war. The PS3 is hardly dead or dying.

ckmlb said:
XboxSoldier12 said:
The problem is PS3's "killer" 3rd party support doesn't sell to most consumers.

And the Wii's does?

You're comparing a system with a much larger install base to another and saying this proves that 3rd party PS3 games aren't selling. But outside of those two launch window games from Ubisoft and Dragon Quest Swords in Japan, the Wii is driven by 1st party games.

The biggest 3rd party PS3 games haven't come out yet, GTA IV was going to be the first really big one and it's been delayed to 08.

Most of the big 3rd party games and franchises are still going to the 360 and PS3, while the Wii has been getting either spinoffs of them, second tier games of those companies or the casual games.

Who cares about the Wii, I like the 360 more than anything. And I'll be plenty satisfied with MGS4 for the 360 when it comes out for it.