By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Playstation 3's third party support

Killzone3 said:
Please.

IGNORE button.

Think of it as an early xmas present for Vgforums.

What ignore button?

Around the Network
soccerdrew17 said:
if you care about naughty dog exclusives (ps1 crash bandicoots or the god ones) buy a ps3 and get uncharted. that game will be yet another awesome game on naughty dog's resume.

I don't know about Uncharted, but I will buy Ratchet and Clank 5, maybe.

Bodhesatva said:

Totally non-trolling, completely unbiased thread discussion.

"Why is the PS3 so bad?" Or "What do you think: is the PS3 terrible or is the PS3 god awful?" Would have also been appropriate choices.  

What is wrong with the Playstation 3? The Playstation 3 is doing bad? How come the Playstation 3 is dieing so early? Sheesh, does it matter how it is phrased? By the way, I am not discussing about the sales of the Playstation 3, so those phrases are off the topic. I am discussing about the third party support on the Playstation 3. You are incorrect.

Your trying to say the ps3 has no 3rd party support?

I listed 68 ps3 games that were coming out on another thread(from now to decmeber), around 12 exclusives as well, and the other 56 games were 3rd party.

mM
kber81 said:

@ a.l.e.x59

It's really hard to believe you are Ps3's owner... Seriously I think you are not. I can't imagine someone with approach like yours spent $599 for a console. 

I am a Playstation 3 owner. Just because I own the system, does not mean that I find any flaws with it. Everyone knows that the Playstation 3 has a lack of third party support, or at least not as strong as the Playstation 2's. What I said is the truth, and not an opinion. I did not say that I hated the Playstation 3. I like the Playstation 3. If I did not like the Playstation 3, I would not complain on the fact that it does not have a strong third party support, and I would not care for its exclusives to go multi platform, now would I? And besides, I needed the Playstation 3 for my video game collection anyways, and it's a high quality Bluray player. Must I edit my original post to mean the exact same thing, but use different words? Why rephrase everything? Do you not understand the main topic of this thread? You have gone off topic, for there is nothing wrong with the topic of this thread. That goes towards everyone.

Around the Network
jjseth said:
Alex, by looking at your avatar, I sense you may be just a tad biased against the PS3.

It hasn't been out a year yet, the PS3 is fine. The 3rd parties will come.

Oh, I'm sorry, I did not know that having an avatar with Mario meant that I hate Sony. Did it ever occur to you that it is possible to like both Nintendo, and Sony? Also, if I changed my avatar right now to that of a Sony character, this post would have been for nothing.

a.l.e.x59 said:
Okay, I am getting very upset by the fact that the Playstation 3's exclusives are being stolen by the Wii, Xbox 360, and even the Playstation 2. Why are so many games being released on the Wii, Xbox 360, and Playstation 2, but not the Playstation 3? Sony created the Playstation 3, do they not want any games for it? Sony is getting insulted by its rivals, and itself, for even the Playstation 2 is stealing some of its exclusives. It's as if Sony themselves want the Playstation 3 to die, and the Playstation 2 to live. Could you imagine if the Playstation 2 outlives the Playstation 3, much like the Atari 2600 outlived the Atari 5200? For example, Crash of the Titans, Crash Bandicoot's newest game, which I personally think is horrible, based on what I have seen so far, is being released on the Wii, Xbox 360, Playstation 2, and a few other platforms, except for the Playstation 3.

Okay, why isn't the game being released for the Playstation 3? Crash Bandicoot grew up on the Playstation, and now Radical Entertainment, the company that made the game, don't even have the respect to release the game on the Playstation 3, but they will release it on the Playstation 2, and Sony's rivals? What is going on here? Either the Playstation 3's exclusives are shared with others, or are just stolen all together. Crash of the Titans isn't alone on this either. There are many other games that are skipping the Playstation 3 in favor of the Playstation 2, the only console from last generation, except for the Gameboy Advance, that has not yet died, but may be in risk of dieing very soon, and the Xbox 360, and Wii. What is going on here? The Playstation 3 should have sold 20 million units by now, not 4. Sony is going down faster than Sega could. What happened to Sony's awesome third party support? It seems that the Wii in this generation, is the Playstation 2 of last generation, or perhaps even greater.

that would be awesome coz there r no real cheat device (only game save) yet & i hope ps3 getting hack like psp so i don't need to buy more than 1 umd to boot the game...

akuma587 said:
Yeah seriously, the early Crash Bandicoots were good, but I for one am GLAD that Naughty Dog ditched the franchise and moved on to other things (like Uncharted and Jak and Daxter).

The Playstation 3 should have sold 20 million units by now? Sony could not have even MADE that many.

What exclusives has the Wii stolen, please tell me? The 360 has stolen some, but I cannot think of ANY off the top of my head that the Wii has stolen. It may have stolen some development resources, but developers are still making 360/PS3 games with their left hands while they praise the Wii with their right hands.

Games like Dewy's Adventure (at least in Japan) and Alien Syndrome flopped, big time. Nintendo out-competes a lot of the third parties on its console, which could push them elsewhere even if the Wii has better hardware numbers. I know they will adapt, eventually, but they won't make Wii games if Wii owners only want to play Nintendo games.

How can you be glad that Naught Dog ditched the franchise? If Naughty Dog stayed with the franchise, perhaps Crash Bandicoot would have been stronger than ever. Nobody knows how good the Crash Bandicoot games could have gotten, if Naughty Dog stayed with them, for every new Crash Bandicoot game that Naughty Dog made, was better than before. Naughty Dog sold the Crash Bandicoot franchise at its highest state. They didn't wait for the franchise to go bad before selling it, even though it did, after they sold it. Naughty Dog had to start from scratch all over again with the Jak and Daxter series, which I personally think nothing of. Instead of starting from scratch on a new series, they could have built upon the already high reputation of Crash Bandicoot. Crash Bandicoot only went bad after Naughty Dog sold off the franchise, but before, so I don't understand why you would be glad that Naughty Dog sold it, because the franchise got bad after Naughty Dog sold it, and not before. Now can we stop talking about Crash Bandicoot. I only used him as an example, and everyone else is obsessing about him more than me.

Okay, I am going to edit the original post, for everyone is getting the wrong idea here. I am not bashing Sony.

It's just that you like to use Crash Bandicoot or Sonic in half your arguments...two franchises that are practically dead...Sonic making a comeback though.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )