By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Playstation 3's third party support

I think there are a few reasons:

1) Microsoft is paying for exclusivity where it looks like Sony isn't (as much).  $50 million for exclusive GTA episodic content.

2) Microsoft and Nintendo have 20 million consoles on the market, so they are looked on as a place where a game can be more profitable (you need double the percentage of the install base to buy your game then Wii or 360 right now)

3) Some of the other key 3rd party development tools aren't fully ready yet for PS3 to make cross platform work (Fatal Inertia delayed because of issues with Unreal Engine 3).  When they do PS3 will get the support too.

4) 360 has the Live stuff as their cool feature and it is successful for what it is.  Nintendo has the controller on the Wii that makes it a cool feature that is successful.  Sony seems to be saying they are the luxury platform which does not sell well to regular income and lower income families who want to only spend a few hundred dollars on a console, not $400 and $500.

I'm sure that Sony will do fine next year and stuff will start coming out...  But this Xmas will be OK rather then exceptional for Sony.

Around the Network

Heres the exclusive title for the Wii:

Action Girlz Racing *NEW* Conspiracy 2007
Agatha Christie: And Then There Were None* Adventure Company 11/2007
Alien Syndrome Sega 7/2007
Animal Crossing Wii Nintendo TBA
Anubis II *NEW* Conspiracy 2007
Arctic Tale *NEW* Destination 10/2007
BWii: Battalion Wars 2 Nintendo 10/2007
Balls of Fury *NEW* Destination 2007
Billy the Wizard *NEW* Conspiracy 2007
Blast Works: Build, Fuse & Destroy *NEW* Majesco 2007
Bleach: Shattered Blade *NEW* Sega 2008
Bob Ross: The Joy of Painting TBA TBA
Boogie EA 8/2007
Carnival Games 2K Games TBA
Chocobo's Dungeon: The City of Forgotten Time Square-Enix TBA
Cosmic Family Ubisoft 2007
Counter Force *NEW* Conspiracy 2007
Cruis'n *NEW* Midway 11/2007
Dance Dance Revolution: Hottest Party Konami 2007
Dave Mirra BMX Challenge Crave 8/2007
De Blob *NEW* THQ 2/2008
Destiny of Zorro Destineer TBA
Dewy's Adventure Koanmi 2007
Disaster: Day of Crisis Nintendo TBA
Donkey Kong Barrel Blast Nintendo 10/2007
Dragon Blade: Wrath of Fire *NEW* D3 2007
Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors Square-Enix 2008
EA Playground EA 2007
EA Trivia *NEW* EA 2007
Endless Ocean Nintendo 10/2007
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Crystal Bearers Square-Enix 2008
Final Furlong TBA TBA
Fire Emblem Nintendo 11/2007
Fishing Master *NEW* Konami TBA
Furu Furu Park *NEW* Majesco 2007
Game Party *NEW* Midway 11/2007
Garfield Gets Real *NEW* Destination 11/2007
Geometry Wars: Galaxies Sierra TBA
Ghost Squad Sega 12/2007
Godzilla: Unleashed Atari Q4 2007
Hannah Montana: Spotlight World Tour *NEW* Disney 2007
Harvest Moon Wii *NEW* Natsume Q2 2008
Hooked! Real Motion Fishing *NEW* Aksys 2007
Indianapolis 500 Legends *NEW* Destineer 2007
Jenga *NEW* Atari 2007
Kirby Adventure Nintendo TBA
Line Rider inXile 2007
Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games Sega 2007
Mario Kart Wii *NEW* Nintendo 2008
Mario Strikers Charged Nintendo 7/2007
Medal of Honor Heroes 2 *NEW* EA 2007
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption Nintendo 8/2007
Mini Desktop Racing *NEW* Conspiracy 2007
Monster Trux Extreme *NEW* Conspiracy 2007
Mushroom Men Gamecock 2008
My Horse and Me *NEW* Atari 2007
My Sims EA TBA
My Word Coach Ubisoft Q4 2007
Myth Makers Super Kart GP *NEW* Conspiracy 2007
Namco Museum Remix Namco Bandai 2007
Naruto: Clash of Ninja Revolution D3 2007
Nights: Journey of Dreams Sega 2007
Ninjabread Man *NEW* Conspiracy 2007
Nitrobike *NEW* Ubisoft 2007
No More Heroes TBA TBA
Offroad Extreme *NEW* Conspiracy 2007
One Piece: Unlimited Adventure TBA TBA
Opoona Koei TBA
Orb TBA TBA
Project H.A.M.M.E.R. Nintendo TBA
Project PQRS *NEW* EA TBA
Rayman Raving Rabbids 2 Ubisoft 2007
Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles Capcom 2007
Rock N Roll Adventures: Elviz *NEW* Conspiracy 2007
Rygar: The Battle of Argus Tecmo TBA
Sadness TBA 2008
Samurai Slash Koei TBA
Showtime Championship Boxing Destination 2007
Soul Calibur Legends Namco Bandai 2007
Space Station Tycoon Namco Bandai 2007
Super Smash Bros. Brawl Nintendo 12/2007
Super Mario Galaxy Nintendo 11/2007
Super Swing Golf: Season 2 *NEW* Tecmo TBA
Thorn TBA TBA
Tramua Center: New Blood *NEW* Atlus 2007
Ultimate Duck Hunting *NEW* Detn8 8/2007
Wii Fit Nintendo 2007
Wii Music Nintendo TBA
Yamaha Supercross *NEW* Destination 2007
Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure Capcom 2007

Can you do the same thing for the ps3 exclusivity???

Edit:Only the upcoming title....and forgot a lot like Star Trek Conquest n a lot more.

Wii ware-Fatal Frame 4-Street Fighter 4-Sonic Unleashed-guitare hero 3-Disaster-wii fit-mario kart-Sadness-Games who actually use Wii Board...i dont know but,...it seem big enough for me.By the way,im a proud owner of P.E.S 2008  Wii and it kill all the other soccer game.

My Wii code:3553-1619-3236-0339

my Brawl Code:0860-2912-9428

Killzone3 said:
Uber base or not, MGS is just not a typical xbot type game. Gameplay is to slow and the port would be a sales failure just like the mgs2 port for the xbox.

Hell i doubt 360 could run it, they would have to scale it back to make it work well. Porting it to the PC would be easier no hardware limitations and a much bigger user base.

Keep telling yourself that my friend. MGS4 is highly anticipated and one of the only two major reasons to get a PS3, a 360 version would be devestating no matter how you slice it. You can try and negotiate how it would it would play out all you want, but the fact remains gamers caught in the middle will go with the 360 over the PS3 for the game as the PS3 is still an unapealing draw.

The official MGS Podcast stated that Kojima even said it could be done on the 360. So I seriously doubt it couldn't be done on the 360, especially when Konami's president has said the PS3 version alone won't make their money back.

Also, Half Polish here.

The dumbest thing is when someone proves something by saying you can't prove otherwise.

If I told you there is a giant monster that feeds on little girls on the roof of my building would you believe me if I didn't prove it?

By your logic Gballzack, I can just ask you: can you prove that it doesn't exist?

Best answer yet to the MGS 4 going to 360 specualation: can you prove that it isn't....

It's up to the people saying it will for sure go there to prove that it is now a fact.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

I personally don't have an issue with the 3rd party support currently being received on the PS3. Both Konami (MGS4) and Square Enix (FFXIII) are putting their best franchises on the PS3 and Sony are developing a really nice mix of 3rd party games and 1st party games and I think that is quite nice to see.

The only 3rd party games that I am watching for are whether Square Enix release Star Ocean 4 and Kingdom Hearts 3 on the PS3.

If I have any complaint it is that there are too many FPS games appearing on the PS3 but that is only a minor issue as aside from UT3 and Killzone 2 I will be ignoring them.

Around the Network

hmmm, ps3 is loosing exclusives but thankfully they havent lost to many major ones, the only way i see exclusives really hurting sony is mgs4 (maybe i do see that many ms fans just want it so sony fails) and DEFINTALLY Final Fantasy, if it came to xbox then i would be seriously worried, but at the moment all i see is maybe msg4 coming to xbox and even then i see it more likely to come months after ps3 version. Only way FF will come over is if last remnant does REALLY well with xbox and final fantasy not making enough on ps3 alone

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.