By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The other wolf in Twilight Princess

Soriku:

Just look at the Minish Cap. Vaati was a servant of Ganondorf. It's not the "same exact legend" all over again. They basically took Ganondorf but didn't make him the main antagonist. Vaati was this time. All related to Ganondorf, but Link doesn't defeat him. This implies something happened in the past to cause this and Minish Cap ties in with another game.

Well, I won't say anything about the rest of your theory, but you should know Ganon wasn't actually in TMC (that moblin in the opening is a MOBLIN, and he had nothing to do with Vaati, anyway) although he did take command in FSA.

Khuutra:

Pardon me for borrowing your replying style - I'm used to BBcode and have been struggling with how to quote someone with a modicum of proper appearance.

Yeah, I can't figure it out either.

This would make a certain amount of sense, except that it is implied in Ganondorf's execution scene that the power only awoke inside of him in that moment. If it had been there before, the idea that he could have been defeated at all, much less tethered, is somewhat less believable.

Yes, there are people who think that. I don't, but I'll get back to that.

The matter of him having the Triforce of Power the entire time is more problematic - if Link and Zelda don't interfere, Ganondorf should have conquered the world no problem, just as he did in the Adult Link timeline in Ocarina.

Well, the idea is that Link and Zelda managed to warn the King about Ganondorf's attack. Hence events played out differently even though they "left him alone" (i.e. they didn't go after him). Also, the idea that Ganondorf is invincible with the ToP is actually not supported by the game - though it is true he cannot be wounded by normal weapons.

As to it being "the power of the gods" vs. "the Triforce" - well, there's no effective difference between these two concepts, since the Triforce has been shown to have its own agency an is essentially the congealed power of the gods anyway. The appearance is the same, the symbol is the same, the effect is the same - only the name is different. And the Triforce by any other name still lets Ganondorf tear off your face.

The difference is that in one theory Ganondorf actually touched the Triforce, while in the other he was granted the power through destiny.

I don't know - he's always cited as leading a band of thieves in nearly every Zelda game's backstory, most famously Link to the Past. That they are Gerudo isn't something we can readily assume, though it does seem logical.

Well, we know they hailed from the Gerudo desert, and Ganondorf has the Gerudo symbol on his clothes.

Remember: since this is a different retelling, the all-female race so genetically distinct from the Hylians may have never existed in the first place. It's almost easier to ague that they were probably just a race of desert nomads.

Well, like Aonuma said, I believe TP follows OoT's universe, so I asume the Gerudo are the same. When I say TP is a re-telling, I mean a re-telling of the events of adult OoT that never happened in that timeline (notice the references during the execution scene - the music is OoT's Escape from Ganon's Castle, and Ganondorf turns into a demon after being mortaly wounded, much like in OoT).

I agree with this, but my feelings towards Twilight Princess Ganondorf have softened considerably. Once I considered that Wind Waker Ganon was still completely insane, that his more sympathetic traits may have been completely delusional, it helped me appreciate TP Ganon more.

And the TP version is, at the very least, the best at just wrecking everyone.

I dunno, I think TWW Ganondorf had a point. He thought the gods were the evil ones for tormenting his people and destroying the world. I suppose TP Ganondorf is like that, too, what with how he cuts the heads of their statues. So, it's not all bad, I guess.

Around the Network

Whoa, this went a lot deeper than the original question. I have one thing to add though.

Well, some (such as myself) believe Link returned to a time after Ganondorf had already touched the Triforce, while others say he doesn't really have the Triforce of Power in TP - just the power granted to him by the goddesses (FYI, Ganondorf had some deleted dialouge about how the goddesses chose the wielders of power, and how fate will bring them together again even if he dies). 

He does have the Triforce of Power in TP

When you are done fighting that huge skeleton, and getting the spinner, you come up to the  now destroyed mirror of Twilight. Those white people (the sages?)tell you that they imprisoned Ganondorf (or that at least someone did). But Ganondorf's hand started glowing in the triforce colour (with the markings on his hand), and he broke through the "unbreakable" chains.

Then they say that he too had been given the blessings of the gods. This leads you to

A) The person who beat Ganondorf so they could seal him up the first time was also blessed by the triforce by the gods.

B) TP Link has the Triforce of courage, and somehow the sages know this.

A) is much more likely.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

I figured it was Link from the other side of the split timeline.

My Games of 2011:

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Super Mario 3D Land

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Didn't Ganon just die in the original Legend of Zelda and then was ressurrected in Link's Adventure?

Or was going to be and was stopped... or something.

^ true dat

he did die before..and got ressurrected..

also..AlttP Ganondorf was just..there....I think he died afterwards...so..it's all weird..
besides..ganondorf doesn't ever die a normal death..he dies..but is still kind of alive..

like voldemort?! ohnoes!

Around the Network
deathcape said:
^ true dat

he did die before..and got ressurrected..

also..AlttP Ganondorf was just..there....I think he died afterwards...so..it's all weird..
besides..ganondorf doesn't ever die a normal death..he dies..but is still kind of alive..

like he-who-must-not-be-named?! ohnoes!

Fixed...

Yeah... Ganondorf's death scene in Twilight Princess sure was a strange one. I mean, he was still standing up when he "died". Who knows for sure*...

*Guess we'll have to find out in another game in the future.

I want a new Zelda now.

DO YOU HEAR ME, AONUMA

I WANT TO GIVE YOU ALL MY MONEY

Khuutra went gay in 5 minutes...verily

anyway..I agree..they have to make more attempts at games that fit in between stories to fix links..maybe not all at once..maybe another one between TP and OoT..and two between AlttP and TP..or maybe even 5

it all depends..but I want some NAO

also..explanations for the Four Sword

The last thing, the absolute last, that I want Nintendo to be worrying about is continuity. Let that be something they shoehorn in, secondary to a new experience.

I agree...but as long as they don't contradict the story...so..like four swords..it makes sense..wince we don't know when it happend and how it connects..all we know it has to in some way

just make good/fresh gameplay

and the story comes later