By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The other wolf in Twilight Princess

OMG i am on to something...give me a min i have to do a little research

Around the Network

Okay so I was thinking why this wolf would be so invested in the fate of the planet..Then it hit me he must have an agenda…that’s right he is concerned with global warming

I mean think about it if the world is put in shadow then the sun can heat the planet, and if the sun cant heat the planet then how could said person get into any more crappy documentaries about things that really don’t have that big of an impact on the planet….

Now two options came to mind first one was that aliens have invaded hyrule and are trying to aid young link with his quest…but there was no records of space travel on time travel and such…..plus aliens would not be able to deal with magic as they only know science…this left me with only one other option a hero or wanna be hero must have gotten a hold of the abilities in his other quests and used then to open a space time worm hole propelling himself into links world and convey to him the knowledge he would need to stop the global warming/ cooling due to shadows

That man is no other then al gore….he must have discovered his powers while in pursuit of man bear pig …

I know it is hard to believe but I feel that after you have seen my proof you will also understand

Fact 1, who else could poses the know how and the ingenuity to travel thru space and time and build a wolf robot to house his mortal body while he instructed the young boy HHMM…

Fact b—looks at this photo. it Cleary shows al gore taking a breather from the wolf robot suit and enjoying the fact that he has almost saved the world……..that alone should be proof enough for even the biggest doubter

Fact delta—I found it on the internet so it must be true

Now that I have presented my findings there can be no other conclusion then this…the golden wolf is in fact a time and space traveling al gore in a wolf battle suit…case closed

and the thread turned into shit

^way to have a sense of humor about everything

also see my post above for my true thoughts on the matter

Oyvoyvoyv said:

Whoa, this went a lot deeper than the original question. I have one thing to add though.

Well, some (such as myself) believe Link returned to a time after Ganondorf had already touched the Triforce, while others say he doesn't really have the Triforce of Power in TP - just the power granted to him by the goddesses (FYI, Ganondorf had some deleted dialouge about how the goddesses chose the wielders of power, and how fate will bring them together again even if he dies). 

He does have the Triforce of Power in TP

When you are done fighting that huge skeleton, and getting the spinner, you come up to the  now destroyed mirror of Twilight. Those white people (the sages?)tell you that they imprisoned Ganondorf (or that at least someone did). But Ganondorf's hand started glowing in the triforce colour (with the markings on his hand), and he broke through the "unbreakable" chains.

Then they say that he too had been given the blessings of the gods. This leads you to

A) The person who beat Ganondorf so they could seal him up the first time was also blessed by the triforce by the gods.

B) TP Link has the Triforce of courage, and somehow the sages know this.

A) is much more likely.

Yes, yes, I know. No one doubts that Ganondorf/Link/Zelda had the "power of the gods" in TP. In fact, we see them use their respective powers in TP (the glowing marks on the back of their hands) and as for your question, when the Sages tell Link their story, they do in fact tell him that he is "blessed with the power of the gods", so B) is true.

The question is if Ganondorf actually touched and split the Triforce, like in OoT/TWW, or if he and the others were simply blessed with the goddesses power, and the Triforce remains in the SR. Personally I think it is the same as in OoT/TWW, because we have no reason to think the possession of a Triforce mark means anything other than the possession of a Triforce piece. But on the other hand, if Ganondorf really had the ToP, why did it just "fade away" when he died, and not take physical form like in TWW? Also, as Kuuthra observed, there are issues with how Ganondorf was able to enter the SR in the new timeline and why he didn't try to take the Triforces from Link and Zelda.

As for the continuity of the Zelda series... Well, recent games have taken some aditional effort to connect with one another. Phantom Hourglass uses the "Force" and many other elements from The Minish Cap and Four Sword Adventures, and thus bridges the gap between TWW and the FS saga. There is also a curious parallelism between TP and FSA (both games feature an ancient dark tribe that were sealed inside a mirror, Shadow Link, and Ganon manipulating a lesser villain).

As for what I want, I really would like to see a new TWW sequel, set a few years after PH with a new art-style (Zelda never had any one "look" and I hope Nintendo remembers that) that told the tale of Link and Tetra's adventures on a new continent. Certainly, they could be quite original and bring up a lot of interesting themes with a setting like that.

Around the Network

^they need to update the series for a game and set it in a futuristic setting with a more modern link...but stop it about 80 years ago so its a futuristic 1920s feel

It's stuff like that which makes me glad that video game companies usually don't listen to their fans.

what are you talking about...it would be so cool to have a 1920 futuristic setting, picture it

vintage looking cars driving around urban and city environmen,its science melded with magic

it would be the perfect way to advance the Zelda series

uhmm...I don't know..Ganondorf didn't need the pieces since he didn't have to fight Link and Zelda..but he entered the SR somehow anyway..no ocarina of time..none of the stones..all weird

also..how the HELL does PH link to FS?

it doesn't..they have some things that look similar..but it looks more like a cameo appearance than a solid story based one..
not the story..nor details had anything to do with FS...sadly

thought I'd love to know what the 'light force' is..(Triforce of Wisdom?) and how the Four Sword was made...

it was the White Sword first..and that reminds me of LoZ...maybe the White Sword will then become the Master Sword

IDK...too many ifs

and indeed..skeletal ghost= OoT Link

battle stance is the same
master sword

enough to confirm it for me..my only problem is the armor..and that he fought a war..

did anyone think about the possibility of Link fighting in a war with ganondorf..after the events of Oot (ina different timeline)...so not the same one..

Man steampunk Zelda would be the pits.

Let Nintendo do their thing. We don't need no pseudo-futuristic Zelda up ins.

I admit that my inability to keep up with the handheld installments of the series makes timeline discussions into a headache for me.