By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - CONFIRMED! Uncharted 2:Among thieves

So it seems this rumor from back in October is true:

http://www.vgtilt.com/2008/10/uncharted-2-offically-charted-set-to.html

I don't like dealing in rumors and we've seen a lot of those types of people come and go now Surfer Girl, Games Blow, Skater Boy and a host of others. But I have word from a pretty damn good source that Uncharted 2 is set to make a playable appearance at GDC 09' coming up and will be officially unveiled by a major publication in December. Also, word has it from ol' buddy that at the VGA's the game will have a new teaser trailer for the game leading inward.

Set in the Snowy Mountains of a yet to be disclosed area, he said Uncharted 2 is going to be 50% uncharted, 25% Cliff Hanger and 25% Metal Gear Solid 4. He's seen it in action and it looks brilliant.

Again, nothing more than that... but it sounds logical. Ol' buddy said it won't be the only game Naughtydog shows off next year, either. Jak perhaps?

Around the Network

This news brought a smile to my face.

The first one is a fantastic game and well deserving of a sequel.

Jak: The Last Frontier?

ZOMFG.

makingmusic476 said:

I don't like dealing in rumors and we've seen a lot of those types of people come and go now Surfer Girl, Games Blow, Skater Boy and a host of others. But I have word from a pretty damn good source that Uncharted 2 is set to make a playable appearance at GDC 09' coming up and will be officially unveiled by a major publication in December. Also, word has it from ol' buddy that at the VGA's the game will have a new teaser trailer for the game leading inward.

Set in the Snowy Mountains of a yet to be disclosed area, he said Uncharted 2 is going to be 50% uncharted, 25% Cliff Hanger and 25% Metal Gear Solid 4. He's seen it in action and it looks brilliant.

Again, nothing more than that... but it sounds logical. Ol' buddy said it won't be the only game Naughtydog shows off next year, either. Jak perhaps?

I like the breakdown 25% Sylvester Stalone! Fuck yeah! Drake was like 25% Harrison Ford in the first one.

Awesome! Sequel to my favourite PS3 game!

Also, didn't Naughty Dog make Sly 2: Honour AMONG THIEVES?

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network

I hope it's not *all* set in the snowy mountains. Surely there won't be much variation if they did that? There's only so much you can do with mountains.

psrock said:
UNCHARTED 2 BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kinda late to the "party".

Awesome news,expected but really great.
About the snow setting I would not worry so much,the first one had a good variety on backgrounds and I'll doubt Naughty Dog make a stepback on this.

I don't get the "free climbing" bit, does that mean all you have to do is point at a direction and Nate will climb that way or does it mean that Nate will have more choices in how he climbs certain obstacles (as opposed to the one choice you had in the original).

I like the stealth gameplay idea, because I got sick of shooting relatively mindless (or highly courageous, depending on what sort of fanboy you are) pirates and really wanted to by pass alot of them towards the end.

Also, please please please please please no story twist (or at least not the one we got in the original) in this game, totally ruined the pacing in the game. BUT, I must say, it did give Eddy the best line in the entire game.

makingmusic476 said:

looks like the guy knows some shit,,,,he is right on .

oh yeah uncharted 2 babyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.( i know i m kinda late  :D but i couldn't help myself)