By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Is there any interest amongst Wii owners in doing a Secret Santa event?

Chrizum said:
Alright. And what about price? Would it be possible to send someone a 500 point game and to receive a 1500 point game? 'Cause that would be somewhat unfair.

I'd rather us not get roped into a $5 minium or what not. It's suppose to be gifting, not fair trade. Just make it clear you might get only an NES game so don't be mad if you gave something more. I certainly wouldn't be upset if I gave someone World of Goo and got Mega Man 1 in return.

How would we handle the draw for who gives what and Wii Code exchange so everyone can gift everyone else?

Around the Network

i will do it

I'm thinking of just bundling folks by country and amount they're willing to spend, then randomly assigning someone a Santa and a Tim. People will post that info, and their Wii Code, in the official thread (this is just to gauge interest). I'll PM folks the Wii Code of their Santa and Tim, and everyone will send off their gift.

If you've got any ideas on how to make this smoother/better, I'm all ears, since this is a bit more clunky than I'm happy with.

what is the santa tim thing

all i have every done is your santa is the person your giving the gift to, but you never know who is getting you until you receive it

I did this with stof last year and it was great! it's a great way to open yourself up to a great game that you probably would have never played otherwise.

anyways...

i'm in.
i live in the USA
indifferent to price limits.

anyways, it ussually takes a while to get everyones friend codes exchanged so we should get this set up and rolling asap.

Around the Network

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you have to have added someone's Wii Code in order to send them a game? If not, then I'm all for excluding your Tim (giftee)'s Wii Code, sure.

Edit: I meant to receive a game from someone.

I would love to enter the Secret Santa, sign me up! 

EDIT: My Wii is American.

SSBB: 1977-0005-2980 (JOEY) MKWii: 4382-2877-5902 (Joeykanga)
Wii:4027-0084-9432-1532             PM me if you add me.
Tag courtesy of fkusumot: Joeykanga - "Just post something once, don't ruin the thread"
mesoteto said:

all i have every done is your santa is the person your giving the gift to, but you never know who is getting you until you receive it

I'd assume Santa is the Wii code for who you're receiving a gift from, and Tim would be would you're giving a gift to.

Depending on how many people want to do this, and for which countries, I was thinking we just get everyone compatiable to exchange codes at some point, then assign whose giving what. That way you really wouldn't know who gave you your game, and we all get our code swaping done around the same time.

BrainBoxLtd said:
mesoteto said:

I'd assume Santa is the Wii code for who you're receiving a gift from, and Tim would be would you're giving a gift to.

Depending on how many people want to do this, and for which countries, I was thinking we just get everyone compatiable to exchange codes at some point, then assign whose giving what. That way you really wouldn't know who gave you your game, and we all get our code swaping done around the same time.

Would be awesome if possible. Can I just make my Wii American? And would I have access to the American VC as well then? And would I later be able to play an American game on my European Wii?

Otherwise two regions wouldn't be that much different (or 3 if we have Japanese members who want to participate).

I would be willing to do this. I'm fairly new and don't have a whole lot of posts so if I'm excluded no big deal.