By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Is there any interest amongst Wii owners in doing a Secret Santa event?

noname2200 said:
Alright, sounds like most folks are okay with ignoring the price thing, and just giving and getting. Sounds good to me!

Does anyone know if you have to have a person's Wii Code entered on your console to receive a game from them? If not, it'll make things much easier.

@makepeacefox: Do you know anyone else who frequents the site and can vouch for you? If not, I'm personally willing to trust you anyhow, but in fairness to other members if any of them is uncomfortable with the idea, we'll have to come up with something else. Does that sound fair?

I'm pretty sure you do because I've done it before and I had to choose someone from my friends list to send the game to.

Around the Network
konnichiwa said:
I think guys with more than 20.000 posts should send games!!

Anyway I did that with post cards years ago but games hmm count me out =p.

^^' What are you going to do if a game get lost in the post?

Aww, c'mon. It's $5-$15, and it's Christmas! Just teasing.

And I don't think games can get lost. Once purchased, you can download the game over and over, even if something went wrong the first time. So there's no danger of that.

I'm also willing to ignore price. As long as the game is good I will be happy.

Wetcoaster said:
noname2200 said:

Does anyone know if you have to have a person's Wii Code entered on your console to receive a game from them? If not, it'll make things much easier.

I'm pretty sure you do because I've done it before and I had to choose someone from my friends list to send the game to.

Ah, thank you! So I'll need to hand out two Wii codes per person, then. Not too big a deal.

Khuutra said:
konnichiwa said:

Try re-reading the OP again reeeeeal carefully.

Only a downloadble game...Meh =p.

Around the Network
konnichiwa said:
Khuutra said:
konnichiwa said:

Try re-reading the OP again reeeeeal carefully.

Only a downloadble game...Meh =p.

There are considerable gaps in your collection which could be filled in beautifully by the Virtual Console and WiiWare.

CONCERNING SENDING SOMEEONE GAMES THEY ALREADY OWN:

I know that the VC won't let you send a game someone already owns, but how about everyone keep their WiiWare/Virtual Console games list up to date so we can be sure of what everyone has?

Well, this sounds like an awesome idea to me, and I'd love to take part. I don't know if 500 posts is enough to be considered trustworthy, but if it is, sign me up! And um, if not, is there any way I can prove it?^^;

I don't mind the whole not having a spending limit thing. It doesn't bother me at all. Great games for all prices right?  

(Also, I just added all my VC games, and I'll go add my one Wii Ware game. Just to make it easier.)

Edit: Oh yeah, I have an American Wii.

The Mother 3 Fan Translation is done! Everyone go get it right now! (Mother3.fobby.net)

Play Earthbound for the SNES ; ; Do it, it's awesome!

Proud participater of this year's Wii Secret Santa event! Hopefully you'll join the merriment next year!
Link below because I fail at embedding urls.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=51169&page=1

noname2200 said:
Alright, sounds like most folks are okay with ignoring the price thing, and just giving and getting. Sounds good to me!

@makepeacefox: Do you know anyone else who frequents the site and can vouch for you? If not, I'm personally willing to trust you anyhow, but in fairness to other members if any of them is uncomfortable with the idea, we'll have to come up with something else. Does that sound fair?

No - I don't know anyone really - too much of a lurker! Thanks for trusting me anyway! Another idea - Is it possible to gift Wii points? I could gift you some before the Secret Santa as a deposit and you could gift me the same number back later on when I have bought the game for someone.

Actually - reading that back I sound a bit cheeky asking you to do that though I don't mind doing it. If I can be involved or if I can prove my honesty then great. If not - don't worry!

Mario Kart Wii Friend Code: 3308-4850-9342 / STEAM ID: makepeacefox

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

"Watchmen" is far better than The Dark Knight / Why does no-one own this wonderful game: Fragile Allegiance? / Speak (Type) Italian to me!

Disloyal member of the LFGM

Makepeacefox said:
noname2200 said:

No - I don't know anyone really - too much of a lurker! Thanks for trusting me anyway! Another idea - Is it possible to gift Wii points? I could gift you some before the Secret Santa as a deposit and you could gift me the same number back later on when I have bought the game for someone.

Actually - reading that back I sound a bit cheeky asking to to go to all these lengths If I can be involved or if I can prove my honesty then great. If not - don't worry!

Actually, that's a brilliant idea, even if I don't think it's necessary. You can buy a Wii Points card at retail and PM someone the code number on the back of the card. That way, you're essentially transferring Wii Points, although it's obviously only in chunks of $20, $30, and $50.

Like I said though, I don't think it's necessary. You're more than welcome to participate.

Thanks noname2200!

I'm in then, and I'll PM you a points code number if you or anyone else involved decide you would like me to.

Oh, and I have a PAL (UK) Wii

-Fox

Mario Kart Wii Friend Code: 3308-4850-9342 / STEAM ID: makepeacefox

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

"Watchmen" is far better than The Dark Knight / Why does no-one own this wonderful game: Fragile Allegiance? / Speak (Type) Italian to me!

Disloyal member of the LFGM