By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Is there any interest amongst Wii owners in doing a Secret Santa event?

I'm willing to go for it too. Also, the idea of keeping our games list up to date seems great because the way I see it once I know who I'm giving the gift to. I'm going to surf their list to give them someone I'll know they'll enjoy.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

I'm all for this. So how are we going to do this?

I've never gifted before, so what do you need? Does it matter how much space the person receving has?

Should we create a new thread with our friend codes and a list of games?

"To love and to cherish, in sickness and in health, for as long you shall be resurrected from death in the church"

RPG_Fanatic said:

I've never gifted before, so what do you need? Does it matter how much space the person receving has?

Someone (probably NoName) will likely make another thread once we iron out the details here. As for listing what games we got, the game collection option in everyone's profiles should work for that, just take some time to get it up to date if you haven't already.

Not sure what happens if you don't have enough space, technically you're just gifting the purchase, so it shouldn't be a problem. Also not a bad idea for people to list if they have any shortage of controllers for VC games. Like if they have no GC or CC controller, and can't accept SNES or 64 games.

konnichiwa said:

Only a downloadble game...Meh =p.

Bah, humbug.

EDIT: On topic, this really is a nice idea.

BrainBoxLtd said:
RPG_Fanatic said:

Someone (probably NoName) will likely make another thread once we iron out the details here. As for listing what games we got, the game collection option in everyone's profiles should work for that, just take some time to get it up to date if you haven't already.

Not sure what happens if you don't have enough space, technically you're just gifting the purchase, so it shouldn't be a problem. Also not a bad idea for people to list if they have any shortage of controllers for VC games. Like if they have no GC or CC controller, and can't accept SNES or 64 games.

I'm off to work now, but when I come back I'll start up another thread in which people will submit their names and Wii codes. I'll give it a few days, then randomly assign people a Santa and a Tim from their country.

As to what happens if you don't have space: nothing. The game will be paid for, and you can download it at your convenience.

Yes, everyone who participates please keep your game collection updated (WiiWare and VC).

Good thinking about the lack of Classic/Gamecube/Balance Board controllers. I'll ask for that too.

If anyone has any other ideas/thoughts, feel free to share.

Also, please tell other site owners who own a Wii about this. Don't be pushy, but please extend an invitation to join. I'll set up the thread in six to eight hours, so you can direct them there.

And thanks to everyone for their interest!

Around the Network

In preparation for this, I just updated my VC & WW lists and it turns out I'm a Virtual Console addict... I have 22 VC games!!!

I'm looking forward to receiving my 23rd game (provided I don't buy another game before the exchange takes place)

Signature goes here!

noname2200 said:

Yes, everyone who participates please keep your game collection updated (WiiWare and VC).

I'd recommend trying to keep it up to date in general, at least for things you're fond of. Might allow for your Santa to make a better decision. Like say if someone has a bunch of puzzle games in their collection, then you might get them a puzzle game they don't have, or if they have a bunch of shoot em ups, you might find a shoot them up they've been missing out on.

Yeah, I'm interested in participating if a low post count is no longer an issue.

ramuji
www.ramuji.com
Nintendo Network ID: ramuji
Wii Friend Code: 8543-1141-9403-8457
3DS Friend Code: 1633-4130-0140
PS3 ID: ramuji_69

Thanks to this idea, I now know that there are Wiiware and Virtual Console sections to add to game collection.
Hooray for ignorance!

"To love and to cherish, in sickness and in health, for as long you shall be resurrected from death in the church"

RPG_Fanatic said:
Thanks to this idea, I now know that there are Wiiware and Virtual Console sections to add to game collection.
Hooray for ignorance!

Yeah, same here. I'm working on updating my collection now.

ramuji
www.ramuji.com
Nintendo Network ID: ramuji
Wii Friend Code: 8543-1141-9403-8457
3DS Friend Code: 1633-4130-0140
PS3 ID: ramuji_69