By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The lack of M/18 rated games from Nintendo are good for 3rd Parties

Killzone3, shut it...not all FPS fans care about uber graphics...there's more to shooters than that.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

And where in the world do you come up with potential sales being "6 times bigger on the PS3/360 then the wii"?

We get it, you hate the Wii, now quit trolling, unless you'd like to somehow back up these ridiculous numbers.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

BenKenobi88 said:
1. But Red Steel had a few other games to fight against, like Zelda, Raving Rabbids, etc. PS3 didn't have much else to fight against Resistance.

And way to totally ignore my post...

How the hell is a shooter fighting agianst those games ? different genre maybe.

your post was so so annoying i ignored it.

Killzone3 said:
Vengi said:

Two points

1) Red Steal was a launch game and the user base was really small at that time.

2) Maybe It simply wasn't very good as Kasz said (I haven't played it due to the poor reviews - Still might though :) )

The shear size of the user base and lack of competition in this genre offsets the wider demographic of the Wii.

1 - So was Resisatance
2 - ok
3 - says you, its not proven by sales and thats what 3rd party devs see.  Why should they risk losing million by making a wii fps ?  Shooters doing great on the PS3 and 360 is well proven.  Its just a better business decision to make a shooter for the PS3/360 just like its a better decision to make a party game for the wii and not for PS3/360. 

Shooters sell on the 360, Period. Ps3 not so much,  beside resistance I don't think shooters have done well on the ps3. The Darkness and RSV did pretty poorly on the ps3 (I might be wrong about this please correct me if I am ), also didn't the wii version of call of duty 3 sell better on the wii. Also FEAR didn't do that great in the ps3.  Also Resident evil 4 for the wii seems to be selling, call of duty 3 sold well,  and red steel is a million seller. Overall I think ps3 and wii have simialr sales when it comes to shooters. Also anyone know if Medal of Honour for the wii sold well or above a 100k? Thanks.

BenKenobi88 said:
And where in the world do you come up with potential sales being "6 times bigger on the PS3/360 then the wii"?

We get it, you hate the Wii, now quit trolling, unless you'd like to somehow back up these ridiculous numbers.

look at your replies to me, your the one trolling. I get it you hate the graphics and i shown plain as day how i got those numbers.

But screw it Iam out of this thread, one can't have a discussion with out being threatend by bias mods like benkenobi88 since my opinion is not pro wii.

Around the Network

Ok, well...let me explain it to you then.

Red Steel is a third party game. A rather crappy third party game. A rather crappy third party launch game that came out alongside ZELDA. What is a Wii buyer going to get, Zelda or a crappy 3rd party shooter...hmm.

That crappy third party shooter sold over a million copies...compared to Resistance, a pretty good first party FPS, that sold just under 2 million.

If a pretty good FPS gets released for the Wii, especially with its now MUCH larger userbase...it would be infinitely more profitable for third parties than a shooter on the PS3.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM

Killzone3 said:
BenKenobi88 said:

look at your replies to me, your the one trolling. I get it you hate the graphics and i shown plain as day how i got those numbers.

But screw it Iam out of this thread, one can't have a discussion with out being threatend by bias mods like benkenobi88 since my opinion is not pro wii.

Can you respond to my post at least.

Those are pretty much facts, and I don't see how it can be any different...I'm out of this thread.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM

Killzone3 said:
XboxSoldier12 said:
Killzone3, Developers go where the money is. We also shouldn't mistaken trends in gaming and graphics carried over from the previous generation as indicators for the way they're going to be this generation. The fact FPSs steered clear of the GC last gen when it was almost on par with the Xbox is fair testament to the fact that graphics alone aren't the only detourant.

The only real problem I see happening is developers relying on the "Wow" factor of impressive graphics as the only way to do FPSs now. It is certainly Sony's angle on the matter, but of course Sony is going to make the fullest use of its graphics and brag them up, that's expected and deserved. However the FPS genre as a whole (even outside of Sony) has seemingly become hijacked by graphics and the need to compare them by which FPS can deliver the most realistic graphics. As an Xbox fan I'm worried what this means for the future of games like Halo which didn't necessaraly do well because of graphics but rather made a game that was over all well rounded and fun.

Yes its all about money, and potential sales are 6 times bigger on the PS3/360 then the wii.  This does not inculde a potentiala PC version.  Graphics matter to FPS fans, its just a fact of life some would argue just becasue they are wii owners.  Most talked about shooters frm E3 are Killzone CallOfDuty4 and Crysis, what do they have in common?

Halo had really good graphics, i dont know what your worried about.

How do you figure potential sales are 6 times bigger on the PS3/360? Your assumption that FPSs need graphics to be good is somewhat misguided as well and just shows you falling in with the current trend as it benefits your own wants in gaming. You have no right to criticize any one gaming group for their flawed views when you yourself are doing that. If your response is going to consists of a baseless statistical claim and casually insulting an entire group of gamers instead of providing substantial logic to support your argument, then I see no reason to give you any more of my time.

@Killzone3 (as I know you'll take at least one more glance at this thread)
your point is chicken and the egg, if they don't see good results from FPS' then they won't make them and if they don't make them then how will they ever see good results.

I'm glad to inform you that that process has already begun, first with Red Steal which did sell very well even if it wasn't amazing, and now with MOH:H2, which has 32 online multiplayer. How good will MOH:H2 be is anyone guess but it does show Dev's are willing to invest money into making an FPS for the Wii.

I think the Wii Zapper really shows nintendo does wish to support the idea of shooters on the Wii, if not exactly the way I personally would like to see them.

The point of this thread was to show the other edge of Nintendo's policy of not making Mature games - that it gives 3rd parties room to steal some limelight.

It isn't about if mature games will be made for the wii as it's clear that there are a few that are in production already.

"..just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake"