By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is it possible to have the Wii as your primary console?

Is it possible to have the wii as your primary console without missing any good games?

Also, does anyone have the wii as their primary console?

Around the Network

I use it as my primary console. I can't think of a single game I would want to play that I haven't so it seems possible not to miss any good games.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Yes its very possible. And if you look at my game collection you can see how easy it really is.

Yo! Over here! Wii is my only console this gen.... So far I'm pretty satisfied... Although I've considered a 360 many times...

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits

It is my only console this gen also. I might miss out on some good games but it doesn't bother me too much. Wish someone would make a realistic racer for Wii (not EA) like Gran Turismo. There are tons of quality titles and there will only be more. Sure there is shovelware but what high selling system doesn't have that.

Around the Network

I don't think you can have any console be your main without missing "any" good games. But I'm also sure that you can have any console be your main and be satisfied depending on your tastes in games, but no matter which one you choose, you'll miss out on something, that's the unfortunate part about variety and choice I guess.

it would be very difficult. 360 is enough as a main console, i dont think wii owners can be satisfied with 2008.

It's quite possible to have it as your primary, and even only, console. But of course, you will miss some good games...like you would by excluding any console...

Soriku said:
Wii + DS = Set for gen. Will miss some games but I can get them in the future for cheap.

Throw in a good PC and you got yourself perfecto!

The Interweb is about overreaction, this is what makes it great!

...Imagine how boring the interweb would be if everyone thought logically?

technically I had the wii as my primary "current-gen" console until just recently, although I would say time into my ps2 and handhelds was definitely greater than time on it. I definitely don't think you could stick with only the wii and not miss out on great games. My goal had always been once FFXIII came out to buy a HD console as that was one game I could not miss out on, but I happened to take the dip earlier and into both systems pretty soon. At the same time I don't think you can be an owner of a HD console and not have the wii and say you're not missing out on some great games either. As a gamer I would at least recommend the dual option of wii and HD, which in part skews certain game purchases as even I would be more likely to buy a multi plat game like madden or COD on the HDs than the wii, although COD would be debateable but not madden. I still don't understand why so many hate on the wii because it "can't handle" certain things. Enjoy it for what it can do, not what it can't do.

“When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life." - author unknown