By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Developers getting the hang of ps3: PS3 vs 360 multiplat comparison 08

For the most part, everything looks the same, except that the 360 delivers the same visuals for less.

EMULATION is the past.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
@ Damn

Ok, I bought the PS3 version for myself the other for my brother on 360. We have the exact same televisions and even my brother, a PS3 hater btw, said he felt the PS3 version looked better -_- there happy now...

Just so you know, I was not calling you a lier in my earlier post.  I just thought it was funny that someone would own 2 copies of the same game (different consoles).

Back on topic, I don't think there is very much difference in any of those games either way (except The Force Unleashed).   So IMO anyone who says there is a huge discrepancy is just being a fanboy period including TFU.

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!

CGI-Quality said:
@ Damn

Ok, I bought the PS3 version for myself the other for my brother on 360. We have the exact same televisions and even my brother, a PS3 hater btw, said he felt the PS3 version looked better -_- there happy now...

Your brother was being nice !

damndl0ser said:
CGI-Quality said:
@ Damn

Just so you know, I was not calling you a lier in my earlier post.  I just thought it was funny that someone would own 2 copies of the same game (different consoles).

Back on topic, I don't think there is very much difference in any of those games either way (except The Force Unleashed).   So IMO anyone who says there is a huge discrepancy is just being a fanboy period including TFU.

Eh, I'd give them MK vs. DC. That game looks pretty awful on the PS3 compared to the 360 version with not only a loss of resolution but of lighting and details.

The Force Unleashed looks better on the 360, as does Fallout 3 (though I think it's clear that this is the fault of Bethesda clearly have a lower priority on the PS3 version, not some platform deficiency, considering how great Oblivion looked on the PS3).

Soul Calibur 4 looks a bit better on the PS3 - though that isn't because the PS3 is more powerful or anything like that - it's because nVidia has been better than ATI at anisotropic filtering for a pretty long time now. If you want a game where the lack of anisotropic filtering really hurts the 360 version of a game, take a look at Devil May Cry 4. Despite having anti-aliasing where the PS3 version does not, the 360 version is jaggier just because of the lack of filtering on the environment textures.

Everything else is a wash.

The people that are saying the 360 version of these games look better, if not the same are honestly blind.

@Deviatha

I has nothing to do with the contrast at all, previously I stated they had not used Super white/Full RGB which improves everything in a game, and it seems they were using it, since they do say they do.

mM
Around the Network
leo-j said:
The people that are saying the 360 version of these games look better, if not the same are honestly blind.

@Deviatha

I has nothing to do with the contrast at all, previously I stated they had not used Super white/Full RGB which improves everything in a game, and it seems they were using it, since they do say they do.

Yeah... the expanded color and contrast that Super White and Full RGB add... you can get those benefits on the 360 as well over HDMI, it's just called something else in the system settings. If GameSpot had made any effort at all to match levels for PS3 and 360 output, Dead Space would look completely identical in those shots.

The only title in that group where the PS3 shows technical superiority is Soul Calibur 4. Everything else is either even or a win for the 360.

leo-j said:
The DC game looks better on the ps3 as well, same goes with MADDEN the draw distance is better, Star wars looks noticebly worse.

As for the DEAD SPACE argument, yes the shadow "banding" kills the shot, but everything else on that screen looks singificantly better on the ps3.

No

wait.....hell no lol

gamespot is terrible for picture comparison.. sighh

leo-j said:

@Deviatha

I guest you are right and all of us are wrong ...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

i can't barely notice difference.

only in the world at war last 2 pictures.

where ps3 looks better.

and better texturing in the floor 360 version.

nothing big that alittle more time on both would fix.