By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Developers getting the hang of ps3: PS3 vs 360 multiplat comparison 08

Developers still have problems with "TEH CELL", I think

Around the Network

To my eyes, almost every screen looked better on the 360. It was always darker, but everything looked much crisper.

My Games of 2011:

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Super Mario 3D Land

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

CGI-Quality said:
@ Comrade

Agreed, even though since the release of LBP, Resistance 2, Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD, and my great fortune of recieving an invite to the HOME Closed Beta, PSN has takin me over a lot more as of late.

Yeah, i remember griping about the new XBOX Live "experience" thinking that it was going to suck, but I really have been impressed (although I don't care for the silly little avatar people... seems like a Wii rip-off to me).

But the new interface and of course Netflix streaming movies is just too cool to ignore.

I haven't actually gotten a chance to experience the PSN HOME, but I hope its all I've heard it is.  There are only three things that annoy me about the PS3 (and they are easily fixable)...

1) The PSN.  Yes it's free, but thank god for that.. I wouldn't pay ten cents a month for it.  I thought Wii Channels were bad, but geez, it's a close call between it and the PSN for who takes the cake.

2) The built in battery on the controller.  I absolutely hate the fact that the best feeling controller on the market dies on me in the middle of COD4 matches. Very annoying.

3) Not enough people actually have/use a Bluetooth headset (although it's been slowly getting better). It's hard to play COD4 when only 1 out of 8 of my teammates are actually talking.  It makes strategy really hard.

That's pretty much it.  Although it would be cool to see Sony & Blockbuster teamup the way that Netflix & MS did...

I'd just be happy to see the PSN actually kick some butt instead of hiding in the corner like a beat down step child.

MarioKart:

Wii Code:

2278-0348-4368

1697-4391-7093-9431

XBOX LIVE: Comrade Tovya 2
PSN ID:

Comrade_Tovya

CGI-Quality said:
@ Comrade

Oh I definitely believe PSN will VASTLY improve, especially over the next few months with the December release of HOME Open Beta and leading up to Killzone 2's release. Great times ahead for PS3.

Speaking of which, when is HOME supposed to be ready?

MarioKart:

Wii Code:

2278-0348-4368

1697-4391-7093-9431

PSN ID:

Comrade_Tovya

CGI-Quality said:
@ Comrade

Apparently between Dec 15-25 if I'm not mistaken

Sweet.  I tried looking it up at the PSN website and couldn't find anything.  I may not get a sixaxis with a removable battery, but I'll take a re-vamped PSN. :)

MarioKart:

Wii Code:

2278-0348-4368

1697-4391-7093-9431

PSN ID:

Comrade_Tovya

Around the Network

The 360 looks the same or sharper to me. I'd give the following games the advantage to the 360:

Fallout 3
Dead Space (how can you ignore those lines on his back? that's horrible.)
The Force Unleashed
Mortal Kombat vs. DC

That being said, if you're actually playing the game I doubt you'd even notice the differences. It is kind of sad that a 400 dollar system can't beat a 200 dollar system in terms of graphics. Depending on your needs I understand the PS3 can be a better value, but yeeesh...

@ CGI-Quality

I'm not sure I agree or disagree (the contrast makes it a tough call)), but when there's such a major flaw (shadow issue) it's hard to get past that.

You know what I don't understand.

Gamespot called it for 360 in almost every test, yet I thought the PS3 versions looked noticeably better.

Meh, maybe I'm just crazy.

I'm looking at them and this is what it looks like to me:

Fallout 3 - Both look relativley similar.  The only difference is, the shadowing.

SCIV - PS3 character and scenery detail looks a bit better.

Dead Space - PS3 character detail is much better.  360 surrouding is much better.

Star Wars Unleashed - 360 looks better overall.

CoD: WaW - 360 distance is better.  PS3 close up is better.  It's odd, some PS3 shots look better than 360 and vice versa.

Madden - Both look pretty much the same - PS3 looks better overall, imo.  Though 360 crowd looks better (woo-hoo?  lol)

MC vs DC - 360 looks better overall.

• 2010 MUST Haves: WKC, Heavy Rain, GoWIII, Fable III, Mass Effect 2, Bayonetta, Darksiders, FFXIII, Alan Wake, No More Heroes 2, Fragile Dreams: FRotM, Trinity: SoZ, BFBC2.
  • Older Need To Buys: Super Mario Bros. Wii, Mario Kart Wii, Deadspace, Demon's Souls, Uncharted 2.

There is definitely more to list that I want, but that's my main focus there.

chaospluto said:

I'm looking at them and this is what it looks like to me:

Fallout 3 - Both look relativley similar.  The only difference is, the shadowing.

SCIV - PS3 character and scenery detail looks a bit better.

Dead Space - PS3 character detail is much better.  360 surrouding is much better.

Star Wars Unleashed - 360 looks better overall.

CoD: WaW - 360 distance is better.  PS3 close up is better.  It's odd, some PS3 shots look better than 360 and vice versa.

Madden - Both look pretty much the same - PS3 looks better overall, imo.  Though 360 crowd looks better (woo-hoo?  lol)

MC vs DC - 360 looks better overall.

I agree with everyting, excep fallout 3, it look a lot better on 360