By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - GT Invisible Walls: Wii, biggest turkey of the year.

Good video. I agree with what they said about E3, and most of what they said about the Wii.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
Million said:
Kasz216 said:
leo-j said:
disolitude said:
Roma said:

I own a Wii and I don’t agree.

“Pleas make good games Nintendo” lol idiots

List good games nintendo has made this year and months they came out in...

Super smash bros Brawl(March)

Animal crossing(November)

Mario kart wii(April?)

3 good games from Nintendo's 1st party this year.

Compared to Microsoft and Sony that seems like a lot.

Sony had Prologue... and... what else?

Microsoft had... I'm not even sure.

Sony : GT5 : P  , MGS4 , R2 , LBP

Microsoft : Fable 2 , Gears Of War 2, L4D

Both : GTA IV , DMC4 , Bioshock , Fallout 3 , Prince Of Persia

None of these games are first party.  Except Fable 2... good catch.

Yeah well Million is a good example of how ignorant one can be :P

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Kasz216 said:
Million said:
Kasz216 said:
Million said:
Kasz216 said:
leo-j said:
disolitude said:
Roma said:

Mario kart wii(April?)

None of these games are first party.  (Or is Lionhead owned by microsoft?)

Point being  ? if there were big 3rd party games developed for the Wii ( not of which come to mind) then it wouldn't be an issue.

Point being you're going fanboyishly off topic.  Nintendo is making way more good first party games then it's competitors.

If we were going with the "Good games released this year total" list.

I'd mention my Wii purchase list is about 10 games larger then my PS3 one... which is again... pointless.

The burden of producing hits can't rest soley upon Nintendo's shoulders at least for the long term , Sony & MS rely more on 3rd party offerings so I felt a comparison was relevant to the topic.

As for Nintendo making way more good first party games , that's obviously personal opinion which can't be debated ( and a statement like that is very "fanboyish".

I'd mention my Wii purchase list is about 0 ... which is also... pointless.

ameratsu said:
Good video. I agree with what they said about E3, and most of what they said about the Wii.

Are we going to be excited for the E3 again? This event is nothing but a big old smelly dog that nobody loves (except some gamers)

Some good reading on Screwattack

http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=50720

Resistance, and lbp are sony ip, they are 1st party, developed by a 2nd party developer.

mM
Around the Network
Million said:
Kasz216 said:
Million said:
Kasz216 said:
Million said:
Kasz216 said:
leo-j said:
disolitude said:
Roma said:

Mario kart wii(April?)

None of these games are first party.  (Or is Lionhead owned by microsoft?)

Point being  ? if there were big 3rd party games developed for the Wii ( not of which come to mind) then it wouldn't be an issue.

Point being you're going fanboyishly off topic.  Nintendo is making way more good first party games then it's competitors.

If we were going with the "Good games released this year total" list.

I'd mention my Wii purchase list is about 10 games larger then my PS3 one... which is again... pointless.

The burden of producing hits can't rest soley upon Nintendo's shoulders at least for the long term , Sony & MS rely more on 3rd party offerings so I felt a comparison was relevant to the topic.

As for Nintendo making way more good first party games , that's obviously personal opinion which can't be debated ( and a statement like that is very "fanboyish".

I'd mention my Wii purchase list is about 0 ... which is also... pointless.

When talking about who has made better games it's all personal opinion anyway.  Which is the point....

We were talking about first party games... and you threw in a giant list of third party and second party games.  Which just made you look ignorant and fanboyish.

leo-j said:
Resistance, and lbp are sony ip, they are 1st party, developed by a 2nd party developer.

That would make them 2nd party... not first party.

They aren't first party games any more the Gears of War is a first party game.

Million should be banned -_- he is simply out and out a troll. They weren't talking about big hits for the consoles they were talking about first party games, which was incredibly obvious.

Yes you can show Nintendo is making the best first party games currently. Whether it's by average review score or sales.

Tbh Nintendo is doing everything reasonably possible to make the wii a success. They are making games to appeal to casual gamers and so far all the updates to their major franchises have been incredibly good games. SMG, MP3, Zelda etc. The only problem is 3rd parties seem reluctant to support the wii, yes nintendo could throw money at them but the amount they would have to spend to say secure 5 AA titles would be insane. They would have to pay enough to outweigh 360 and PS3 sales as well as any incentives sony/microsoft offered.

Turkish says and I'm allowed to quote that: Uncharted 3 and God Of War 3 look better than Unreal Engine 4 games will or the tech demo does. Also the Naughty Dog PS3 ENGINE PLAYS better than the UE4 ENGINE.

What I took away from the video is that Nintendo is making a lot of money and selling a lot of hardware, but who cares? The "hardcore" users (the ones who buy a lot of software) are incredibly alienated in favor of the "casual" users (who traditionally don't buy much software). The general disinterest of Wii owners in the vast majority of 3rd party software has basically forced 3rd party publishers to put out lots of low-risk shovelware and give their better efforts to PS3 and 360. It's ironic that the hardcore gamers who kept Nintendo afloat during the N64 and GC years are the ones being cast aside in favor of people who've rarely if ever picked up a controller before now and don't know Nintendo from their rear-endo.

Keep this in mind when reading what I type...

I've been gaming longer than many of you have been alive.

Million said:

Those are completely unrelated to the discussion. They are exclusives made for the console, not made by first party companies. You either didn't read or understand the conversation.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.