By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - GT Invisible Walls: Wii, biggest turkey of the year.

Zim said:
Million should be banned -_- he is simply out and out a troll. They weren't talking about big hits for the consoles they were talking about first party games, which was incredibly obvious.

I mis inteprited the direction of the thread , I was hardly trolling if at all.

Around the Network
dougsdad0629 said:
What I took away from the video is that Nintendo is making a lot of money and selling a lot of hardware, but who cares? The "hardcore" users (the ones who buy a lot of software) are incredibly alienated in favor of the "casual" users (who traditionally don't buy much software). The general disinterest of Wii owners in the vast majority of 3rd party software has basically forced 3rd party publishers to put out lots of low-risk shovelware and give their better efforts to PS3 and 360. It's ironic that the hardcore gamers who kept Nintendo afloat during the N64 and GC years are the ones being cast aside in favor of people who've rarely if ever picked up a controller before now and don't know Nintendo from their rear-endo.

I am so sic of people talking shit about them “casting” us aside. WHAT THE F!!! There are games for us already and more is coming!!! Just because they haven’t anounsed anything doesn’t mean all of them are on vacation!! SHEEEESH!!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Roma said:
dougsdad0629 said:
What I took away from the video is that Nintendo is making a lot of money and selling a lot of hardware, but who cares? The "hardcore" users (the ones who buy a lot of software) are incredibly alienated in favor of the "casual" users (who traditionally don't buy much software). The general disinterest of Wii owners in the vast majority of 3rd party software has basically forced 3rd party publishers to put out lots of low-risk shovelware and give their better efforts to PS3 and 360. It's ironic that the hardcore gamers who kept Nintendo afloat during the N64 and GC years are the ones being cast aside in favor of people who've rarely if ever picked up a controller before now and don't know Nintendo from their rear-endo.

I am so sic about people talking shit about them “casting” us aside. WHAT THE F!!! There are games for us already and more is coming!!! Just because they haven’t anounsed anything doesn’t mean all of them are on vacation!! SHEEEESH!!

Actually the number of "hardcore" games out at this time are way ahead of the curve as far as Nintendo development is concerned to my knoweldge.

At this point in time i don't even think there was a Mario game out yet.  Let alone Smash Brothers.

Kasz216 said:
Roma said:
dougsdad0629 said:

I am so sic about people talking shit about them “casting” us aside. WHAT THE F!!! There are games for us already and more is coming!!! Just because they haven’t anounsed anything doesn’t mean all of them are on vacation!! SHEEEESH!!

Actually the number of "hardcore" games out at this time are way ahead of the curve as far as Nintendo development is concerned to my knoweldge.

At this point in time i don't even think there was a Mario game out yet.  Let alone Smash Brothers.

Still people cover their eyes and only sees Wii Music :/

I agree about what they said about the Wii as well to some extent.

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
Roma said:
dougsdad0629 said:

Melee landed on December 3rd of 2001, if my memory isn't failing me.

Kasz216 said:
Million said:
Kasz216 said:
leo-j said:
disolitude said:
Roma said:

I own a Wii and I don’t agree.

“Pleas make good games Nintendo” lol idiots

List good games nintendo has made this year and months they came out in...

Super smash bros Brawl(March)

Animal crossing(November)

Mario kart wii(April?)

3 good games from Nintendo's 1st party this year.

Compared to Microsoft and Sony that seems like a lot.

Sony had Prologue... and... what else?

Microsoft had... I'm not even sure.

Sony : GT5 : P  , MGS4 , R2 , LBP

Microsoft : Fable 2 , Gears Of War 2, L4D

Both : GTA IV , DMC4 , Bioshock , Fallout 3 , Prince Of Persia

None of these games are first party.  Except Fable 2... good catch.

Microsoft producing and publishing a game and making a game from scratch is the same thing. They are spending their money and investing in a studio to make a game. Same way nintendo invests in Retro studios or internal studios.

So microsoft released
Gears 2
Fable 2
Ninja Gaiden 2
Too Human
Viva Pinata
Banjo Kazoie N&B

Some of these may not be AAA games but effor is there...

Roma said:

Still people cover their eyes and only sees Wii Music :/

Is everybody's favorite hate machine after all :D

Anyway I'm sick of this casual-hardcore bullcrap. Is getting pointless, we live in a time when the games're acepted by the masses, when the media has generally a good opinion about them, a world without JackThompson and with options for everybody. And here we are; whining and complaing about it.

disolitude said:
Kasz216 said:
Million said:
Kasz216 said:
leo-j said:
disolitude said:
Roma said:

I own a Wii and I don’t agree.

“Pleas make good games Nintendo” lol idiots

List good games nintendo has made this year and months they came out in...

Super smash bros Brawl(March)

Animal crossing(November)

Mario kart wii(April?)

3 good games from Nintendo's 1st party this year.

Compared to Microsoft and Sony that seems like a lot.

Sony had Prologue... and... what else?

Microsoft had... I'm not even sure.

Sony : GT5 : P  , MGS4 , R2 , LBP

Microsoft : Fable 2 , Gears Of War 2, L4D

Both : GTA IV , DMC4 , Bioshock , Fallout 3 , Prince Of Persia

None of these games are first party.  Except Fable 2... good catch.

Microsoft producing and publishing a game and making a game from scratch is the same thing. They are spending their money and investing in a studio to make a game. Same way nintendo invests in Retro studios or internal studios.

So microsoft released
Gears 2
Fable 2
Ninja Gaiden 2
Too Human
Viva Pinata
Banjo Kazoie N&B

Some of these may not be AAA games but effor is there...

That's the difference between first party and 2nd party.  Internal studios count... second party studio are studios that probably would of got the budget elsewhere anwyay or close to it.

I'm sure someone would of gave Epic money for Gears 2.  Or they could of just used the crapload theymake of the EU.

Though yeah.  Fable 2 and Banjo Kazoie count. 

Too Human doesn't count... but it's considered good?

Viva Pinata was last year, no?

Khuutra said:
Kasz216 said:
Roma said:
dougsdad0629 said:

Melee landed on December 3rd of 2001, if my memory isn't failing me.

Think about it, we have Zelda, Metroid, Mario, SSBB, MK and more this in only two years! when has that ever happened to a Nintendo system?

edit: less than two years!