By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What do you want to see in the next Zelda?

I want the best parts of Windwaker
A unique art style
The ability to pick up enemies weapons (although in Windwaker they were all inferior to your own sword)
Some cool sneaking sections

The best parts of Twilight Princess
Darker theme
Ganondorf is a total badass
5 heart pieces to a heart means more side quests
Sweet horseback combat

Add to that a huge overworld and you've got a pretty sweet basis for the game

Around the Network

I'll just agree to disagree on this one, Valkyria. We have very different ideas concerning the reality and the ideal direction for the series.

Soriku said:
TP Link was teen Link (he was 17). But if you're talking about 14-16 year old Link then I'm up for it :)

And yes, Zelda needs to be cel shaded. Something like the new PoP or VC would be awesome.

There is no indication of Link's age at any point in Twilight Princess.

I also don't see what makes one visual style intrinsically superior to any other.

Khuutra said:
Valkyria00 said:

Well in the end they mostly never listen.=P

That's not true - Twilight Princess was one long love letter to the fans, cram full of so much fan service I think they filled up the quota for at least ten years.

One rare acceptance. And look how much people trashed it. Which is why I doubt they'll listen to a word we say now.XD

Soriku said:
Link's age wasn't revealed in the game but I know I read various times he was 17. He looks 17 anyway.

Oh, and I just prefer cel shading. It just makes the game look better. I mean I'd rather look at VC over Gears. Just looks more appealing.

Link's age was officially stated to be seventeen? Where? I know Nintendo of America said that in Ocarina of Time, but to the best of my knowledge it's never been canonically established at any time in the series, ever. for any game.

Ever.

And Zelda isn't exactly Gears of War - one of the things that the team is best at is visual design and art direction. It's not VC vs. GoW in terms of visual style - there are also other metrics, like Twilight Princess (natch) or Shadow of the Colossus.

Around the Network

TP graphics are the best choice actually

deathcape said:
Soma..I think you're wrong..actually..everyone is wrong about the hours of gameplay

nobody wants more hours or less hours..

Soma wants less hours since he feels there's too much dragging around in TP

OoT was very long..yet it stayed fun..why? because there were things to do!

we want a 'longer' game..wich actually doesn't mean longer in the sense of stretching it..but actually..more things to do

am I right?

I got bored of TP because it was dull..and felt like an OoT wannabe

MM was better..even PH was better

OoT and AlttP hold the 1st and 2nd spot..

I can't talk much of Twilight Princess, but basically I'm refering to the Main Quest. You could finish Ocarina of Time on your first try in 20 hrs. There were other challenges that added a lot more time. I spent lot of time looking for Skulltulas, Big Poes, Masks or just fishing, but doing all this things were not really necessary. I don't know if TP has any of this but I beleive it has. However, from what I read, the Main Quest in TP is like 50 hrs long, which is just too much for many of us who don't have a lot of free time to play. If the new Zelda has a lot of things to do besides the story, it's ok, because usually this things are really fun, and at the same time I'm not forced to spend time on them.

Maybe is a matter of tastes, I really like short games because I'm used to replay my games again and again. For example, I really liked Final Fantasy VII, but after I finished it I didn't felt the need to put 70 more hrs playing it again. Chrono Trigger on the other hand, was not too long, and in the end gave you the option to finish it again but faster. That gave the game lots of replay value to me. Had Chrono, OoT or ALttP been longer games, maybe I'd not had enjoyed them as much as I did.

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069

O-D-C said:
More emphasis on story, prefeerably its place in the overall timeline (Wind Waker prequel)

Actually a game that clears up the timeline, and also explaing how the hell Hyrule got flooded would be awesome.

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

Khuutra said:
I'll just agree to disagree on this one, Valkyria. We have very different ideas concerning the reality and the ideal direction for the series.

Agreed.

Off Topic - Nice quotes. It should be fun reading what they'll say once proven wrong.

Guys, Twilight Princess basically rewrote the history of Ocarina of Time and punched timeline theories in the face, establishing that there is no single unified timeline.

Why would anyone expect them to suddenly care about continuity?

Edit:

@Valkyria: Thanks. I also like them. We will see how it goes.

Especially trestres.