By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What do you want to see in the next Zelda?

DTG said:
Valkyria00 said:
Khuutra said:
Valkyria00 said:

-Harder Bosses
-New Weapons
-Teen Link
-Romance Story
-Ganon
-Simple Puzzles
-Cell Shaded CG Cutscenes (Fire Emblem PoR/RD)
-Normal/Master Mode.

The hell to all of you who want an extremely difficuly game. I dont need a challenge I need a fun game.

Edit - The games are long enough. They dont need to be shortened or lengthen. Lolz at the guy way above basically wants a Zelda RPG.

Aren't you basically asking for a Tales of Zelda game there?

Or at least an extremely anime-i-fied Zelda? Do you see the irony?

Ive never played a Tales game so no thats not what Im asking for.

Teen link was in TP and OoT so whats such a big deal about that? Im sorry I dont like playing as a child.
Romance because Im tired of being left to guess who link actually likes (OoT) all I ask for is a REAL kiss plus Im into romance.
Simple puzzles because Im a moron at them and dont want to have to look them up.
Cell Shaded CG cutscenes because I love how the style looked in Fire Emblem and think it can work on Zelda. Thats mainly my own fan thing and doubt it will ever happen. Plus if you consider that to make Zelda "extremely anime-i-fied" than there was already WindWaker which people love and hate. Mainly because you played as a child.

I dont want an anime zelda like you said so where is this irony???

wow, do you happen to be a girl or a man lover?

I could report that but I dont really care. You need to grow up if you still think like that.

Around the Network
Valkyria00 said:
Khuutra said:
Valkyria00 said:

-Harder Bosses
-New Weapons
-Teen Link
-Romance Story
-Ganon
-Simple Puzzles
-Normal/Master Mode.

The hell to all of you who want an extremely difficuly game. I dont need a challenge I need a fun game.

Edit - The games are long enough. They dont need to be shortened or lengthen. Lolz at the guy way above basically wants a Zelda RPG.

Teen link was in TP and OoT so whats such a big deal about that? Im sorry I dont like playing as a child.
Romance because Im tired of being left to guess who link actually likes (OoT) all I ask for is a REAL kiss plus Im into romance.
Simple puzzles because Im a moron at them and dont want to have to look them up.
Cell Shaded CG cutscenes because I love how the style looked in Fire Emblem and think it can work on Zelda. Thats mainly my own fan thing and doubt it will ever happen. Plus if you consider that to make Zelda "extremely anime-i-fied" than there was already WindWaker which people love and hate. Mainly because you played as a child.

Teenagers are children.

As for the rest of your post -This is why I don't like fans (if you're even one?) sharing their ideas.

DTG said:
Valkyria00 said:
Khuutra said:
Valkyria00 said:

-Harder Bosses
-New Weapons
-Teen Link
-Romance Story
-Ganon
-Simple Puzzles
-Normal/Master Mode.

You're behaving like a jerk, sir. A-class.

Valkyria:

It's more the fact that the teen romance angle and cutscenes inconsistent with the visual style of the game itself is just.... really inconsistent with the series itself. Link's personality just isn't that definite. Or it shouldn't be. The closest we came to that was in Twilight Princess (in several respects, especially with the Undead Knight) and it wasn't always a good thing. Zelda games tend to be pretty seamless, and a break in visual style just doesn't quite work.

That's not to say that the series can't do romance - the Kafei/Anju line in Majora's Mask is one of the most heartrending series of events I've ever seen on screen. It's just better when it's outside of Link, because it doesn't require an emotional detachment from the hero in order to be believed. I mean, basically, I'm Link. I don't want him to be somebody else! If he ended up hooking up with anyone, it would pull many people out of the game, which hurts the immersion factor the game has.

Before I get into the irony of it - do you see Link talking in this romantic plot or are all the conversations just really one-sided?

vdoesntforgive said:
Valkyria00 said:
Khuutra said:
Valkyria00 said:

-Harder Bosses
-New Weapons
-Teen Link
-Romance Story
-Ganon
-Simple Puzzles
-Normal/Master Mode.

Teenagers are children.

As for the rest of your post -This is why I don't like fans (if you're even one?) sharing their ideas.

Well in the end they mostly never listen.=P

Valkyria00 said:

That's not true - Twilight Princess was one long love letter to the fans, cram full of so much fan service I think they filled up the quota for at least ten years.

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
Valkyria00 said:

That's not true - Twilight Princess was one long love letter to the fans, cram full of so much fan service I think they filled up the quota for at least ten years.

For the most part Nintendo don't listen though.... which is a good thing.

only Twilight Princess and the Smash Bros. series come to mind, well and F-Zero GX.... but that was passed on to Sega or something.

Khuutra said:
DTG said:
Valkyria00 said:
Khuutra said:
Valkyria00 said:

-Harder Bosses
-New Weapons
-Teen Link
-Romance Story
-Ganon
-Simple Puzzles
-Normal/Master Mode.

You're behaving like a jerk, sir. A-class.

Valkyria:

It's more the fact that the teen romance angle and cutscenes inconsistent with the visual style of the game itself is just.... really inconsistent with the series itself. Link's personality just isn't that definite. Or it shouldn't be. The closest we came to that was in Twilight Princess (in several respects, especially with the Undead Knight) and it wasn't always a good thing. Zelda games tend to be pretty seamless, and a break in visual style just doesn't quite work.

That's not to say that the series can't do romance - the Kafei/Anju line in Majora's Mask is one of the most heartrending series of events I've ever seen on screen. It's just better when it's outside of Link, because it doesn't require an emotional detachment from the hero in order to be believed. I mean, basically, I'm Link. I don't want him to be somebody else! If he ended up hooking up with anyone, it would pull many people out of the game, which hurts the immersion factor the game has.

Before I get into the irony of it - do you see Link talking in this romantic plot or are all the conversations just really one-sided?

I understand what you mean all of a sudden switching over to that Cell Shade would break the visual style. I honestly wouldnt mind it being cell shaded. What I do want is cinematic cutscenes. MGS4 has spoiled me. If the fantastic art style from Twilight Princess had been presented in CG with their cutscenes I wouldve been amazed.

I never finished MM so I dont know that scene.=/
I never buy into the "Im" the hero. I mean thats what they want you to do in Metroid and Im sorry I can feel like a hot space bounty hunter. I personally am tired of seeing his relationships never involve so I really want the devs to hook him up with someone.

No I dont see him talking. Theres been romantic scenes without him havin to talk. Of course he never talks so does that make all the conversations in Zelda one sided? He could just show the emotions on his face and movements as usual. A hug a happy/worried face and such.

But yeah, I have a good feeling about this next game.

As long as they address the fundamental issues that happen to be fairly agree'd with across the board, and from there let their imagination/plot/game mechanic ideas just flow, it'll be a great game.

My one request would be: FULLY ORCHESTRATED, FFS.

Wow.. that's quite a list but we should really trust Aonuma to deliver another great Zelda game.. as long as they use somewhat realistic-looking graphics I'll be happy. It would be really cool if they would incorporate Wii Motion Plus for sword fighting.

DTG said:

There was really no need for that comment.  Next time you're banned.