By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What do you want to see in the next Zelda?

Soriku said:
@Khuutra

I know Zelda isn't GeoW. What I mean is I like a cel shaded Zelda like TWW over a realistic one like TP.

And I'm saying that the matter of the art style is not binary realism vs. cel-shaded. Twilight Princess was not realistic. Fa from it. It was still a heavily stylized game with a distinctive visual style.

What you're saying is that you prefer cel-shading over every other possible visual direction they could possibly take, which seems unreasonably narrow.

Around the Network
Soriku said:
TP was sure a lot more realistic than TWW though >.>

What I prefer is unreasonably narrow, and I know they all won't be cel shaded, but it's still what I prefer.

Also, how did TP's story rewrite OoT's one? I don't remember huge contradictions...

Rewriting the entire history of Ganondorf and the Sages, for one.

There are also hints about, ah....

The Skeleton Knight being Ocarina of Time Link, or at least some member of the Link line, which isn't possible except in a case where Ocarina of Time didn't happen in a way presented in that game.

ZELDA FPS adventure for the win!
No, not really. Umm..

motion plus with true feel sword hacking and shield blocking

more adult link based stuff. TP was great for that

a zelda that flows from a previous zelda - imagine that!

Khuutra said:
Soriku said:
TP was sure a lot more realistic than TWW though >.>

What I prefer is unreasonably narrow, and I know they all won't be cel shaded, but it's still what I prefer.

Also, how did TP's story rewrite OoT's one? I don't remember huge contradictions...

Rewriting the entire history of Ganondorf and the Sages, for one.

There are also hints about, ah....

The Skeleton Knight being Ocarina of Time Link, or at least some member of the Link line, which isn't possible except in a case where Ocarina of Time didn't happen in a way presented in that game.

I've successfully blown my mind.

Pixel Art can be fun.

I'd like to see link.

Hes awesome, zelda games need more of him

Around the Network

The OoT and MM thing reminds me of Jumanji.

at the end of Jumanji when they finsh the game, they go back to when the game started.... except they still had memories of what happened, even though it didn't end up happening.

Then they met the kids in the 90s again, and both remembered each other even though the kids had never experienced anything at all anymore (because the 60s kids had rewritten their timeline so that the 90s kids never even started the game) so how the hell did they remember?

Soriku said:
Well, assuming TP is a 100 or whatever years after OoT I'd say it'd be fit to have new sages. All the OoT sages would be dead by then and they'd have successors. Ganondorf...well, he managed to get unsealed as always :P

About the skeleton...well, anything could've happened. How do we know one of the Links just turned into a skeleton warrior? It's a fantasy game after all :P

but how did the kids in Jumanji know!!!!!

surely they weren't born with the memories already!!!!

Stupid Jumanji.

Stupid time travel.

Damn Jumanji is a great film

They should make it into a 2-d platformer, with 8 worlds, each having 4 different areas. And it would be cool if he could warp to different worlds through warp portals.
And at the end of each world, he would defeat a boss, only to be faced by those dreaded words(you know which)

"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murders will foam up about their waist and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

....and I'll look down and whisper  "no."  

- Rorschach

Soriku said:
Well, assuming TP is a 100 or whatever years after OoT I'd say it'd be fit to have new sages. All the OoT sages would be dead by then and they'd have successors. Ganondorf...well, he managed to get unsealed as always :P

About the skeleton...well, anything could've happened. How do we know one of the Links just turned into a skeleton warrior? It's a fantasy game after all :P

We can't assume that, though, because it's never canonically stated. Do you think that, if TP is 100 years after Ocarina of Time, then there was enough time for Ganondorf to bust out, fight a war, get captured and sealed away by the Sages (who have no determinate race related to Ocarina of Time whatsoever), and then be entirely forgotten by the populous at large? In a century? No sir! No sir it does not fit at all.

Also: Twilight Princess is one of the rare games where Ganondorf actually just flat-out dies. He has no followers who are around to ressurect him. He's just dead. Bing bang boom, dead. QED.

So you're saying that, less than a century ago (because Ganondorf was sealed away less than a hundred years ago, he would have to be), a descendant of Ocarina of Time Link started a family, had a child, then... just turned into a skeleton? And this didn't survive the family records somehow? There's no stories about him?

The evidence in-game of all of this stuff is just way too thick. It's like smoke hanging in the air around Hyrule Castle. Twilight Princess just doesn't fit in the timeline.

I'd like to see Link using a spear as a weapon. Of course though I'd like to see the Sword/Shield combo stay, but it's surely time for something new.

www.tranmererovers.co.uk

Currently playing: Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks and Red Steel.

Wii Friend Codes:

Smash Bros Brawl- 5284 2865 3565

Mario Kart Wii- 0216 0932 4306

Mario Strikers Charged- 034471 707985

Send me a message if you have added me.