By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What do you want to see in the next Zelda?

Soma said:
Roma said:
Soma said:
- Wii Motion Plus gameplay
- Harder bosses and puzzles
- Shorter game, I don't want a 50 hr game, less than 30 if possible.
- Some kind of multiplayer, like Four Swords would be cool

Wow that’s totally opposite to what I want :P I want it at least 40h

Multiplayer would be cool and yes harder puzzles as well as bosses, I mean they cold at least put a “hard” choice in the game :/   

I know most Zelda fans want a bigger, longer, prettier game.  I don't really, except for the graphics that must have the best graphics on Wii, I think a 20 hrs game is more than enough, 30 if looking for 100%. I still haven't finished Twilight Princess because of that issue, just thinking it is a 50 hr game I loose interest and play something else.

Ocarina of Time was perfectly balanced, it was not too long but not too short. This gives the game lots of replay value, which is something most single player games lack. I´m more concerned about the gameplay being fresh and unique again with the WiiMotion Plus, and not so much about the longevity of the game. Don't forget that for new gamers, people that don't about Zelda, more than 30 hrs could be too much.

I don’t remember how long OoT was but it felt really long, maybe it was because I got stuck allot and did allot of the side quests. But then again I was really young and time feels longer when you are younger.

You know now a days games feel so short and for that I play as little as possible so the games lasts longer. And a Zelda is like I don’t know I just want to spend allot of time in that world without completing it hehe.

You are right though about the game being too long for new gamers. Well that’s why the games are so easy now so new gamers can jump in. But I think Nintendo has lost allot of the fans by doing this I mean look at OoT. It had a good hardness level to it, it was long enough, was new and creative and was medium dark.

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network
Roma said:
Soma said:
Roma said:
Soma said:

Multiplayer would be cool and yes harder puzzles as well as bosses, I mean they cold at least put a “hard” choice in the game :/   

I know most Zelda fans want a bigger, longer, prettier game.  I don't really, except for the graphics that must have the best graphics on Wii, I think a 20 hrs game is more than enough, 30 if looking for 100%. I still haven't finished Twilight Princess because of that issue, just thinking it is a 50 hr game I loose interest and play something else.

Ocarina of Time was perfectly balanced, it was not too long but not too short. This gives the game lots of replay value, which is something most single player games lack. I´m more concerned about the gameplay being fresh and unique again with the WiiMotion Plus, and not so much about the longevity of the game. Don't forget that for new gamers, people that don't about Zelda, more than 30 hrs could be too much.

I don’t remember how long OoT was but it felt really long, maybe it was because I got stuck allot and did allot of the side quests. But then again I was really young and time feels longer when you are younger.

You know now a days games feel so short and for that I play as little as possible so the games lasts longer. And a Zelda is like I don’t know I just want to spend allot of time in that world without completing it hehe.

You are right though about the game being too long for new gamers. Well that’s why the games are so easy now so new gamers can jump in. But I think Nintendo has lost allot of the fans by doing this I mean look at OoT. It had a good hardness level to it, it was long enough, was new and creative and was medium dark.

OoT felt long because games were shorter those days, except RPGs  =p

If I remember correctly, OoT could be finished in 20hrs if it was your first time, more if you wanted to find all secrets. But once you knew it, you could finish it in less than 15 hrs.

Your're right about the difficulty, now games are longer but very easy, imagine the new Zelda shorter but more difficult. In the end you may probably spend more time playing it and it would feel more rewarding due to the challenge. If Nintendo thinks the difficulty is a problem for kids and newgamers, I don't agree then. I mean, many of us played Zelda on the Nes and it was very difficult , but we like it, and there were not Internet forums, youtube or many magazines to find information.

"You know now a days games feel so short"

Really? In how much time you finished Twilight Princess?

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069

-Harder Bosses
-New Weapons
-Teen Link
-Romance Story
-Ganon
-Simple Puzzles
-Cell Shaded CG Cutscenes (Fire Emblem PoR/RD)
-Normal/Master Mode.

The hell to all of you who want an extremely difficuly game. I dont need a challenge I need a fun game.

Edit - The games are long enough. They dont need to be shortened or lengthen. Lolz at the guy way above basically wants a Zelda RPG.

Soma said:
Roma said:
Soma said:
Roma said:
Soma said:

OoT felt long because games were shorter those days, except RPGs  =p

If I remember correctly, OoT could be finished in 20hrs if it was your first time, more if you wanted to find all secrets. But once you knew it, you could finish it in less than 15 hrs.

Your're right about the difficulty, now games are longer but very easy, imagine the new Zelda shorter but more difficult. In the end you may probably spend more time playing it and it would feel more rewarding due to the challenge. If Nintendo thinks the difficulty is a problem for kids and newgamers, I don't agree then. I mean, many of us played Zelda on the Nes and it was very difficult , but we like it, and there were not Internet forums, youtube or many magazines to find information.

"You know now a days games feel so short"

Really? In how much time you finished Twilight Princess?

No I was talking about games in general not TP in particular, that one was long but still I wanted more hehe.

But what you are saying about the difficulty making the game feel longer because it takes time to figure out things makes since. Now I get what you mean :)      

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Valkyria00 said:

-Harder Bosses
-New Weapons
-Teen Link
-Romance Story
-Ganon
-Simple Puzzles
-Cell Shaded CG Cutscenes (Fire Emblem PoR/RD)
-Normal/Master Mode.

The hell to all of you who want an extremely difficuly game. I dont need a challenge I need a fun game.

Edit - The games are long enough. They dont need to be shortened or lengthen. Lolz at the guy way above basically wants a Zelda RPG.

Aren't you basically asking for a Tales of Zelda game there?

Or at least an extremely anime-i-fied Zelda? Do you see the irony?

Around the Network

I want:

Suprises (it's Nintendo so this is very likely)
Charm and wondrosity
Occasional baddassery.

Soriku said:
do
Harder
Longer
horse
Motion

selective quoting FTW!

I'd like to see less ideas of what fans want in the next zelda game, in the next zelda game.

vdoesntforgive said:
I'd like to see less ideas of what fans want in the next zelda game, in the next zelda game.

That's why I asked for suprises

Fanservice is good occasionally, but it's what can make the game industry dull if repeated over and over again.

Pandering to the fans resulted in everything that was wrong with Twilight Princess. Alas!